Indirect kiss

An early rays and bird's chirping welcomed Chandra into new morning.
When he opened his eyes, he felt peace, he felt comfort like a morning has never felt so beautiful before. He snuggled in to his blanket and tried to sleep more but suddenly, he remembered something from last night.
He looked on his side but Aakash was not there. He thought for a while but the more he tried to remember the more he was sure that Aakash was there, on his side.

It was definetely not a dream.

He immediately looked around where others were still in deep sleep.
After having glanced at  his wrist watch which was showing 7:00 am , he got off from the bed and went out to get fresh.

After getting fresh, he wore his white coat and decided to roam around in wards to check the patients from last bus accident; even though it was not his duty time.

He checked few patients, helped other doctors in need and headed towards a cafeteria.
When he got in to Cafeteria, Sanjay waved his hand from a corner and invited him to join his table. Aakansha and bikash was also there. He grabbed a latte and a croissant with jam from a counter and joined his friends table.

"Where were you, bro?" I searched you everywhere." Sanjay asked, drinking his coffee.
" aumm..i wokeup early so just roamed around."

" and here i am who hardly managed to wakeup this morning." Aakansha frowned while tangling her medium length hair.

"And thanks to your four times alarm that woke me up too.." Nikesh uttered in his irritated tone.

Aakansha rolled her eyes before scowling at him defiantly " atleast it wake you up, otherwise you would be dead asleep still"

" you should be grateful" she added.

" yea yea.." Nikesh copied her girly tone to irritate her.
" You.."

" cut it out guys. We don't have much free time." Sanjay always become refree between those two afterall, he was eldest and matured. Nikesh and Aakansha were like a tom and jerry; cant stand being together but never stayed apart as well.

" oh croissant. It's my favourite" sanjay took the croissant from Chandra's hand and bite it.
( and here we thought he was matured)

" wow!! it's soo fresh. You know croissant taste better with marmalade?" He took another bite and gave to Chandra.

Chandra looked at his croissant with disgust but didn't say anything.
(How can he say that he felt disgusted and not to eat his foods from now onwards.)

It's quite normal with friends to share foods but he had never share his half eaten foods with others. Moreover never ever had eaten  other's half- eaten foods.

It feels like sharing split.

He was full just by looking at his croissant. He then, put the croissant on his plate and just grabbed his coffee " Sorry guys! Have some work to do. See ya later"

***

He was just about to pass by a private room, when he saw Dr. Aakash, talking sweetly with a 9 years old girl.

Unknowingly, his face immedietely lightened up.

She must be the girl who he saved by giving up his salary.
She had black light wavy hair laid beautifully on  her shoulders. There was sunshine in her smile even when her face was little white and pale .She had this clear sparkling eyes holding numerouse questions and playfulness . She was beaming even in that saggy green hospital clothes. Sometimes she laughed with Dr. Aakash, sometimes she acted to be sad.

Seeing Aakash being little kid with a little girl, makes Chandra wanted to keep looking at him.
Everything about him was soft and genuine.
He too sometimes acted serious and sometimes laughed with that little girl. His eyes spoke of beautiful sou.  Everone has flaws and quirks except this man. Chandra found difficulty in  describing him. He was caring, pure , silly yet talented. Stupiedly genius would be the perfect word to describe him if that even makes sense.

Chandra was looking at them, smiling softly when that little girl called him. Chandra sat on a side chair of Aakash.

" ouuuhh.. so many handsome doctors here" both Chandra and Aakash chuckled at her cuteness.

" you little naughty girl"  Aakash pinched her nose and she acted to be hurt, caressing her nose.

" Come on now! Let's eat this porridge" Aakash opened a white plain container filled with porridge.

" noooo, hospital's foods taste so bland". She shakes her head  while covering her face with her elbows.

"It doesn't. How can it taste bland? I bought it myself for you."

"Just try one spoon first. Please, for me"
Aakash requested.

She slightly lifted her head and looked at him sadly" just one then"

She sipped one spoon and immediately made a face.
" Noo it isn't tasty Dr. Aakash." She shook her head and hide herself  again behind her elbows.

" how can it not be tasty?" Aakash opened another container of porridge with plastic spoon  and eat one spoon himself.

He closed his eyes and bit his lips. Chandra chuckled at his reaction. His face was clearly showing the taste of porridge but he still said" hmm... its so good. Look at me. I am eating porridge "

She looked at him in disbelief.

" you don't believe me? Okay, ask Dr. Chandra" after saying so, without giving a notice, Aakash fed Chandra a spoon of porridge from the same spoon he ate with.

Chandra widened his eyes as it was so sudden that he couldn't react at all.

" Its good right?" Aakash signaled him to say yes.
" ummm. Its good. So good." Chandra slowly chewed the porridge.

He was still in shock.

" See i told you. " he himself ate it again.

" one more?" Aakash asked chandra this time.

Chandra nooded and ate the porridge again from the same spoon which Aakash ate twice with.
Aakash who didn't care anything, ate again. They shared more of porridge than just a couple of spoons.

Chandra smiled. Surprisingly, he liked it.

(He thought it might be because he didn't eat anything since morning except a cup of coffee.)