His friend

"Because i want to know more about you"

This is the second time Aakash had heard this sentence. After her, and it still concerns him. How long has it been?
He acts all carefree but whenever someone said this to him, it makes him uneasy.

He then gave his signature smile. A contagious one," My parents...aummm. As i already told you guys, i was found under a clear sky that is why i was named Aakash. I was raised in orphanage. They said my parents died in an accident."

He looked at Chandra who was looking at him with his sharp yet soft eyes. Undoubtedly, clearly showing the concerns for him, without saying anything.  Chandra knew he was hiding a storm behind his perfectly painted curve of lips.

Chandra was always so sharp, especially his reading ability which he got from his plain studious life. Whether its a book or people, he could read them easily. He could do nothing but to watch a godly creature slightly wraped in a clothes of sadness and the  way he was actually reading him; made Aakash uneasy.

Aakash then, looked straight and said " But its been ages now. I am not that hurt as you are thinking. I don't even remember their face. I just...you know... sometimes i want to know what its like to have a family" he sighed.

Aakash didn't want to say the last part of the sentence but somehow he said it without thinking. He never said that to anyone but, even so, he didn't feel regret at all. He actually felt relief like a heavy stone finally got out of his heart.

At that sentence Chandra felt something inside him. He felt like his heart was tied with a rope, like it was squeezed hard. When he looked at Aakash, he knew he just wants to...protect this person infront of him.

They walked slow as if never wanted to reach their destination.  They were silent. Chandra was never an eloquent type. He didn't know how to comfort him so , he just moved near to Aakash and walked together; side by side.

Aakash bite his lower lips and smiled at his action without looking at him. Somehow he felt comfort in Chandra's silent way of comforting.

***
As Chandra entered his house, he heard the noise of chatting and laughing. His house was full of middle aged people with the foods and drinks on the table. Some were helping his mother  in the kitchen and some were busy chatting; holding a drink in their hands.

" Son, you came?"  His mother came to him and caressed his cheek. " your father and me invited them to celebrate your new beginning in the hospital. Get fresh dear and i will make  your dinner ready."

" its okay, mum. You can talk with your friends. I can heat my dinner". He told his mum and said,
" Namasker" joining his two hands to everyone.  They were all his neighbours whom he had seen all his life.

" And mum i bought an icecream for you, i will put it in a freezer." Said Chandra.
" Icecream?" Her eyes and mouth were frozen wide open.
" i mean. You never used to eat an icecream even when you were a child" she looked at her husband with the same stunned face.

" umm," Chandra scratched his head. His facial expression immedietely turned red. He never had a sweet tooth but lately he had been having lots of icecream.
" i had with my friend mum and he insisted to buy you an icecream"

" Friend?" She looked even more shocked. He had never said " his friends" before. It was either classmate or assesment partner. Her lips then starts to curve, forming a pleasant smile.
" Ohh.." she nodded in understanding, acting absolutely normal  " such a nice boy. Say thank you to him." 

" okay. I will get fresh mum" Chandra put the icecream in the freezer and went upstairs.

His mother then turned to her husband," Did you hear that? He said he has a friend. Finally...he made a friend" she heaved  a long relief sigh.
" yea! He has grown up now" he hugged her arms whilst both looking up at the stairs.

" Are you guys keep gonna looking  at your son? Bikash, one of their close neighbour teased at the couple looking at the empty stairs.
" Come on!! Who wouldn't if the son is like that" his wife continued with her famous high pitched voice" Really Sabitri your son is getting more  handsome everyday."

Chandra's mum sat in her previous seat; on the right side of sofa with her two friends and Chandra's father sat just across to her.

"You both are so lucky to get such a caring child" Mr thapa said while drinking his beer.
" He was always so obedient and disciplined. What a lovely child you have" he continued.

" Now he is a doctor as well. He is  an example for other childern. How can a god give someone all the good qualities in one person" their other neighbour added on top of other's comment.

Chandra's parents  were looking at each other; sitting face to face across the table. The gladden in their chest was too much to handle that they couldn't react at all but their ecstasy were utterly flashing high beam from their eyes.