Chapter -3 Living Under The Same Roof

Nishtha's POV

Nishtha's POV

I was in the bathroom since a very long time because it took me a lot of time and effort to undo my hair and remove my make up.

Then I was just sitting in front of the mirror staring at my expressionless face and probably mentally laughing at my life. It was one of my dreams to get married to someone I love one day, sadly it would remain a dream forever. I sighed and then went out of the bathroom.

Then I adjusted the bedsheet and removed all the rose petals from it. I was about to sleep when Mr. Guddu, who was till then sitting on the couch and working on his laptop, decided to open his mouth. 

"Where do you think you are sleeping?" He asked.

"Tsk tsk, don't you know what this is? It's called a BED!" I said sarcastically.

"Correct,but don't you know , it's MY bed?" He said with a smirk.

"I know very well, it's your house, your room, your bed and all." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" He asked in an irritated voice.

"Yes." I said seriously. 

"Look, I'm in no mood of arguments right now. Either you sleep on the bed WITH me with a pillow wall between us or take the couch." He said, wow!

"Good, I'll take the couch then! It's way better than sleeping next to you." I said as he closed his laptop. 

I then went and slept on the couch. I instantly regretted my decision  as my neck started paining like hell because the couch was really small. The pain was unbearable but I couldn't let him win, so I laid down on the cold floor. It was better than giving up. 

Suddenly, I felt someone shaking me.

"Hey ! Wake up!" That evil Guddu shouted.

"Let me sleep in peace! It has just been 5 minutes since I went to sleep."I said in a sleepy manner.

"No! It's 9 a.m.! If someone sees you sleeping on the floor then they'll create a drama!" He said being reasonable. I woke up with a jerk. 9 a.m. ???? So soon!!!

"Get ready fast, you have to do a ritual of making some sweet dish." He said. What the actual hell? Why???? After all those tiring rituals I'd have to cook a dish for what... 20 people???!!!!

But then, I didn't have any other choice. I some how dragged myself to the bathroom and got ready. I was in no condition to wear a saree, that's why I decided to go with a simple salwar suit.

I quickly ran to the kitchen and started preparing Gajar ka Halwa. I was a good cook but I was just too lazy. But anyways, the gajar ka halwa was ready. 

Everyone was seated at the breakfast table, except me and the servants. The servants served breakfast to everyone and then I served the Gajar ka halwa to them.