Chapter - 9 On the same page

Nishtha's POV

Nishtha's POV

I woke up after a while, the hospital bed wasn't really comfortable tbh. Plus, somebody was sleeping on the couch which was kept next to the bed.

It was Paras.

"Paras..." I whispered and he didn't even move.

"Paras !" I said a bit loudly this time and he suddenly woke up.

"Yeah yeah ..." He said looking around.

"Oh you have woken up , let me call the doctor..." He said and left. What was he doing here anyways ?

The doctor came, he checked if I had fever which I thankfully didn't. He asked me to take my meals properly and told me about the medicines and after that I was finally discharged.

We both sat in the car after that. HIS car to be precise lol. I was putting the seatbelt on when I asked him.

"Where's my car?"

"Well it's safely parked at the parking lot of the apartment building." He said. Thank god for knocking some sense into this stupid.

The drive was silent and we reached the apartment building soon. None of us spoke a word till we reached HIS aprtment.

"Well, welcome back to our home. Are you hungry?" He said in one go. Wait ? Did I hear it properly ?

"What did you just say ?" I asked as I couldn't believe my ears.

"I asked if you're hungry." He said casually.

"No .. no ... Before that ??" I asked again.

"Oh ... Welcome back to OUR home." He replied , stressing more on the word 'our' .

"Really, 'our home' , not 'your house'?" I said and raised my eyebrows , I already told you , I can't raise a single eyebrow , I have to raise them together only !

"Look I'm sorry about that okay?" This was surely a dream!

"Oh my God! The great Paras Singhania spoke 2 unbelievable sentences in a single day !" I said dramatically and he just chuckled.

"You can't go to work tomorrow." He said , more like ordered.

"And who exactly are you to tell me that ?" I said and this time I probably raised a single eyebrow ! Yay !

"I don't know ... Your husband I guess?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah right! But doesn't my dearest husband know that I don't appreciate him bossing around me?" I said walking closer to him.

"Oh trust me I'm not! Your father asked me to tell you , more like order you not to go to office tomorrow !" Why did he have to drag dad into it?

"Why did you tell all this to dad?" I said while looking at the floor.