Chapter 23- Something that shouldn't have happened

Unedited

Unedited

Paras's pov

The second he uttered that announcement from his mouth which didn't even include Nishtha's name, Nishtha's grip on my hand loosened.

She started to tremble. Tears were visible in her eyes. I shook her a bit. 

"Nishtha..." I tried to call her to gain a response from her. But she just looked at me and ran out of the hall. I ran behind her. I knew everyone was looking at us, but I didn't care.

We reached the parking lot. 

"Nishtha..." I kept calling her and she finally turned.

"LEAVE ME ALONE PARAS!" She shouted. Her eyes were blood red. She was crying. I decided it was better to keep my distance. 

Then she did  something I didn't expect at all. She went and sat in a car, my car. Then I remembered, I had given my keys to her.Everything was happening so fast, she sat in my car and drove off at a speed of probably 120 km/h.

"Shit..." I said to myself. I immediately called my bodyguards and asked them to chase her. They were chasing her.

"Sir we can see your car." I heard one of the men say.

"Good now don't let her go out of your sight." I ordered them and went to borrow someone else's car. My bodyguards were on the phone all along.

Suddenly, I heard a loud thud. It was a really loud sound and it came, from the phone.

"What happened?" I asked but no one answered.

"I ASKED WHAT HAPPENED !" I roared.

"S...ir ... your car got hit by a truck..." The man said. And I ... I went numb. I fell on the ground on my knees. A tear slipped down my eye. Nishtha... please be okay. I should have stopped her, I should have held her hand and stopped her.

"Sir... sir are you there ???!" I heard the voice from the phone.

"Yea..h I am..." I said. I was barely able to speak, my voice was breaking. How could I fucking let this happen !!!?

"The ambulance is here, we are taking ma'am to Apollo hospital." One of my bodyguards said.

"I'm coming." I said and hung up. Nishtha you have to live, you can't leave me like this! Don't you dare leave all of us! My tears weren't stopping. I reached the hospital. I ran inside.

"Where is Nishtha Singhania... I'm her husband." I said to the receptionist.

"Nishtha Singhania... she's in the ICU on 3rd floor." She said and I rushed to the lift. The second I reached the third floor, I saw the bodyguards sitting there.

"Sir, the doctors are examining her right now..." One of them said looking at the floor.

"Is she alright?" I asked really hoping to hear a positive answer.