Chapter-6 Unexpected entry

Nishtha's pov

Nishtha's pov

For the first time in my life, I felt like I didn't know what I had to do next.

Would I ever divorce him? Or would I be stuck in this loveless marriage forever? Or would I ever fall in love with him ? He was behaving properly... at least till now. Should we at least give this marriage a chance? 

I had read unholy matrimony on Wattpad. The leads were forced to marry each other but later they fell in love. But I guess, such things only happened in stories...

Or maybe I would also have a happy ending like them. Stay positive Nishtha. 

Suddenly someone knocked at the door of my cabin.

"Come in..." I said.

"Good morning ma'am, I just got a call from Singhania and Co. You are requested to be there for a meeting at 2 p.m. regarding the merging of our companies and introduction of new partners." My secretary said.

What the hell ????!!!! Merging of the two companies ????? I wasn't even made aware of it.

"Ok" I replied hastily and left for my dad's cabin. As soon as I reached the door, I barged in the room.

"Oh Nishtha, what a pleasant surprise. What makes you visit your old father this morning?" My dad asked.

"Dad... Marriage and all ... I somehow agreed for it. But merging our companies???? You didn't even mention it in front of me!" I shouted.

"Lower down your volume woman. I thought it was better if your husband told you about it." I was shocked.

"Yeah right! He knew everything about it!" I said, disappointment was evident in my voice.

"And wasn't it obvious? Your grandfathers wanted you both to get married so that our families would become one and so would our companies." He added. Wow, I was speechless. It wasn't obvious at all ! 

I ran to my cabin and dialed the number which was the last one on the list of important numbers that Paras had pasted in my room, yes it was HIS personal number. 

"Hello? Who am I speaking to?" He asked in an irritated tone. 

"Who are you speaking to my foot!" I shouted probably breaking his eardrums.

"Nishtha, I told you not to initiate a conversation with me until and unless it's an unavoidable emergency." He said in an annoyingly calm voice. 

"Oh shut up!! You knew about the merging of our companies and you didn't even speak a word about it to me!!!" I shouted again. 

"What the hell!!! I came to know about this bullshit today morning only! And my dad told me that YOU knew about it!" He said seriously.

"And my dad said that YOU knew about it." I said while sitting down on the couch.