Chapter- 28 Expressing Yourself Is Important

Unedited

Unedited

Nishtha's Pov

"The patient is totally out of danger now as he's back to conscious state." The doctor said and I took a breath of relief. The doctor then left the room.

"I... I'm so sorry Paras." I said taking his hand in mine. I just saw his lips curve up into a small smile. 

"But you... you stupid... you were the sensible one na! How could you even think of leaving me??!!" I said while sobbing and hit him lightly on the shoulder.

"I... I ..." He said and coughed. I rushed to bring some water for him.

"Here... have this. You don't need to say anything right now! You must rest!" I said and helped him get up to drink the water. I quickly wiped my tears.

"I'll inform everyone... I'll be right back." I said and went out of the room.

I dialed Paras's mother's number. I was quite nervous as I had never talked to her properly since I lost my memory. 

"Hello..." I heard her voice on the phone.

"Hello, Mrs. Singhania?" I asked.

"Yes Nishtha... you can call me mom." She said. She seemed tired by her voice. 

"Yeah... okay ... mom... I called to tell you that Paras is awake." I said and she gasped.

"R...eally???"She asked in disbelief. 

"Yes..." I said softly.

"Oh my god! I'm telling everyone! We'll be at the hospital in no time." She said and hung up. I just smiled. I saw at my left, it was the same temple.

I went there and thanked Ganpati Bappa for keeping my Paras safe.

As Paras's mother had said, his family was there at the hospital in no time. Everyone was allowed to meet Paras. 

I was standing near the door, watching how everyone was pampering Paras. His mother kissed his forehead. I suddenly felt empty, my mother never kissed my forehead. Even when I used to be sick, the maids took care of me.

I didn't want to get emotional in front of everyone, therefore I was about to leave. But Paras's mother stopped me.

"Nishtha beta, come here..." She called me and I nodded. I went there and she caressed my head. 

"God bless you my child." She said and I smiled.

"Ram Ram, look at this girl. What kind of clothes is she wearing?" An old woman said and I looked at her in disgust.

"What kind of faces are you making? Hasn't anyone taught you to touch the feet of elders!" She roared.

"Oh I would have loved to, but I don't want to. Here's the thing, you my dear don't seem respectable." I said with the fakest smile possible. Everyone looked at me with a shocked expression.