Chapter 25- She Knows

Unedited

Nishtha's POV

I was trying my level best to maintain my composure. How come did I get married to Paras Singhania? That A grade asshole! I was so happy with Akshay. No wonder I was forced to marry this Paras guy.

I was feeling really stressed. I never wanted to be stuck in a loveless marriage. I always wanted a happy family because I didn't have one since birth. I was devastated after learning that Paras Singhania was my husband.

I had an accident, I should be worried about my injuries. But all I could think of was what the hell was there in the news that nobody wanted me to see. I desperately wanted to know what happened! Therefore I decided to dig in the news.

I was ready for the worst. And the worst would be, Oberoi Enterprises handed over to Paras Singhania. Yeah right lol! But my own father wouldn't do it! Or would he?

Paras had made all the arrangements so that I wouldn't be able to read or watch or even hear the news in any case. He cut off the cable from our TV, he put passwords on all the applications on my laptop except Netflix and all the Microsoft applications. He had taken my phone and given a keypad phone to me just for calling purposes.

But I'm also THE Nishtha Oberoi. Paras had gone for work. A caretaker was hired to take care of me. My whole apartment was surrounded by bodyguards. And I knew that my friends or relatives wouldn't tell me anything.

So I called my secretary and called her at our house, I told her that I wanted to discuss about work. I informed those bodyguards about the arrival of my secretary.

My secretary was there in no time. But the problem was that a bodyguard and the caretaker were there to spy on me. We all were sitting in my room.

"Sir, could you please wait outside, we have some confidential things to discuss." I politely requested the bodyguard. He nodded and left. Ok, now I had to shoo this caretaker away.

"Mamta, I'm having a slight headache. Could you please bring me a cup of lemon tea?" I asked my caretaker with puppy eyes and she too nodded and left for the kitchen.

"So Aarohi, let's discuss about what's going on with the shares, profits and losses of our company. But first I need to send a message." I said and pretended to see my phone.

"Oh shoot, the battery is dead. May I please use your phone?" I asked her.

"Sure" She said and handed over the phone to me. Damn, it was so easy. Nishtha, no matter what's on the news, you don't have to show any kind of emotion on your face.

I opened Google Chrome which by God's grace didn't have any password. I typed Nishtha Oberoi on the search bar. I opened the first news link.

OBEROI ENTERPRISES HANDED OVER TO PARAS SINGHANIA. NISHTHA SINGHANIA RUNS AWAY FROM THE PARTY AFTER HEARING THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

What the fuck! I was numb, I was beyond shocked. How could they do this to me! I... I had worked so hard, I had worked day and night, even skipped my meals, just for that fucking company. I could this man take away my dream from me!

Then everything started making sense to me. Paras married me, treated me like hell, manipulated my parents, talked them into handing over the company to him. I ran away from that party, I was rash driving therefore I met an accident. Or was that accident also a part of Paras Singhania's plan!

"Ma'am, are you alright?" My secretary said breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine..." I quickly closed the app and gave the phone to her.