Chapter II

That night, although so many things happened in one day, you couldn't sleep, even if you wanted to.

That feeling of emptiness haunted you wherever you went.

You just sat on the bed, pensive, staring at the crown that went from queen to queen in your hands and waiting to see if sleep came.

Suddenly, the door to your bedroom opened. Dánae and Dianne climbed onto your bed and snuggled up on either side of you. You didn't resist the cuteness and you wrapped them in a very tight hug.

-Y/N ... We can't breathe! Dianne said, unable to speak clearly because you were pressing on their diaphragm.

-Oops, sorry! You said, right after unscrewing them, but you still left your arms around them.

-What's up sis? It's OK? Ixion asked, also entering the room and sitting next to you.

-Well, yes! You answered, trying to sound sincere.

But in addition to having a better relationship with the villagers than you, Ixion was also a great lie detector and soon realized that you were lying by your actions.

-Y/N, you know you don't have to hide anything from me! He said.

You took a deep breath before saying anything.

-Do you ever feel like ... Something super important was missing in your life and you have no idea what to do? You asked, hoping to find someone who understood what you were going through.

-To tell the truth, so far, nothing. But I'm sure everything will be fine. Whatever it is, we're here for you!

You smiled broadly and rested your head on your brother's shoulder. At that moment, your emptiness was gone. You slowly closed your eyes and fell asleep.

But it didn't last long.

Your eyes opened again, the feeling had returned, which caused you great frustration, but the feeling was more like you were drowning and couldn't swim to the surface to breathe.

You moved carefully so as not to wake your younger siblings, but Dianne ended up waking up, a little groggy with sleep.

-Y/N, where are you going? Dianne asked, rubbing her little blue eyes still sleepy.

-I won't be long, don't worry, you can go back to sleep! You assured her and didn't leave the room until she fell asleep again.

You left the castle, walking hard in the strong winds, the days on the island could be warm and pleasant, but on the other hand, the nights were cold and windy.

You went up the hill, taking the strands of your hair out of your face and blocking your view.

-Please help me, what should I do? You practically begged.

Not long after, all the winds came together, with the shape of a woman's face right in front of you. It was your mother.

-The more you deny, this emptiness will succumb you! Her soft voice echoed in your ears.

-So I have to look for something? You asked.

-You'll have to leave the island! She answered.

-But you know what it is? You asked again, but she said nothing more, slowly dissolved in the winds that joined. -No, don't go yet! You begged, but she was already back to her spirit.

You became enigmatic, but you were certain: You had to leave the only home you had ever known, to search for whatever your heart and soul were looking for.

Time skip:

-Do you really have to go? Dánae asked, your little sisters cried because they would miss you as much as you would miss them.

-Yes, but I promise that as soon as I find what I'm looking for, I'll return! You promised.

They jumped in your arms and you wrapped them in a tight hug.

-I love you both!

-We love you too! They replied in unison.

-Sis, I'm going with you! Ixion said, still looking worried about you.

-I'll be fine lil' bro. And I need you right here, looking after our kingdom. I can count on you? You asked, holding him by the shoulders and looking at him affectionately.

He reflected for a few seconds before answering.

-For my honor, Your Majesty! He smiled.

-I'll miss you brother! You hugged him tightly.

-Idem! He answered.

-Honey, I have something for you! Your father held out a purse in your direction.-It's a magic purse, anything fits inside it. I filled it with lot of gems, which you can exchange for money, you'll need this to survive there!

You nodded, assuring him that you would follow his instructions, before hugging him too.

-See ya, darling! He smiled.

-Let's see each other again soon!

You slowly walked to the edge of the cliff, where the ocean waves crashed into the land. You looked back, to take one last look at your family, they waved for you.

Right after that, you jumped from the top, anyone would believe that you would die right there, but before your body would splat in the salt water, your pet Pegasus, Aladus, appeared. You fell right on his back.

Your hands intertwined tightly in his white, smooth mane, but not so firmly as not to hurt him.

You looked back and saw nothing more for leaving the island, but you remained confident, knowing that when you return, your necklace would shine, indicating that you were close to home.