Chapter VII

Laurel already knew that, that relationship that began with a thousand wonders, was destined to fail, but she would never imagine that she would suffer so much with that separation.

-I would never think that things between us would end like this! She mumbled between sobs, as tears of sadness welled up in her eyes.

-It's going to be okay Mrs. Lightfoot, do you want a handkerchief? You held out a handkerchief in her direction.

-Thank you my darling! She took the handkerchief and blew her nose, then placed it on the huge pile of used handkerchiefs next to her.

-Everything It's gonna be okay, we're always by your side! You said, patting her on the back.

-Dear, I appreciate your support, but I would like to be a little alone! She asked looking at you, her eyes were swollen from crying.

-Well, no problem, everyone needs their own space. Call us if you need anything, okay? You gave her a hug and left her room.

-Thanks again!

Laurel put a depressive song on her cell phone and lay down, unable to sleep.

Time skip:

Corey called, saying she was going to Mushroom Town, to try to lift Laurel's mood. When the doorbell rang, Ian opened the door and there she was, she had a travel suitcase in her hand.

-How's your mother? She asked him.

-She is still very depressed, we hope you can improve this! He replied.

-I'll try! She smiled and went to her room.-Hey gal, what is this song, that everyone who passes by the door of your room starts to cry?

-This music helps me cry everything I need to cry at once! Laurel replied, standing up to speak to her.

-Laurel, don't be like this, you were unhappy and you wanted to separate, it's not worth it to be like that because of a man who is worthless! Corey said, holding her hands out.

Laurel forced a small smile and was curious about the suitcase Corey took.

-What is this suitcase for? You'll travel?

-No, we're going to travel! She answered.

-Uhhh what do you mean?

-I signed up us for a cruise, you'll have fun and forget all about that two-faced shitty horse. Your boys and that nice girl can go together too!

Laurel thought seriously and Corey was right, there was no point in being the way she was.

-You want to know Corey? Let's go! She decided and the two hugged. She smiled and felt like the luckiest woman in the world to have Corey's friendship.

Meanwhile, in the living room ...

-Did you hear that? We'll travel by ship on the spring break! Barley announced happily.

-Wait, travel? But I came for the purpose of ...

-Y/N, you have all the time in the world to find what you're looking for! Barley said, trying to convince you.-And Ian will find this trip very boring without you! He made the final move.

You looked at Ian and he nodded.

-It's true!

-Then I go! You smiled.

-Yayyy! Barley wrapped you in a big hug and you laughed. -Wait, I have to get my travel mantle! He released you and ran up the stairs.

-What is this travel mantle? You asked Ian.

-Our dad had a mantle that he took everywhere he went, either folded in his pocket or opened on his back! He explained.

Not long after, he came down the stairs with the mantle on his back.

-Now I can go!

You couldn't help but notice that mantle, especially the designs embroidered on it.

-Hey, where did your father get that mantle? You asked, approaching and looking at the fabric in your hand and yes, that was a fabric made by Landers weavers.

-Mom said our dad told her that he had it since he was a baby, so it has a lot of time! He replied, which only confirmed your speculation.

-Why so much interest in that? Ian asked curiously. 

-Barley, can I? You asked to get his cloth.

-Of course! He allowed it and you got the mantle.

You removed your necklace and placed it next to the mantle, the symbols started to glow magically together, which caused great astonishment for both of them.

-You mean ... That ... Ian said, but ended up choking with emotion.

-Your father was a Lander, just like me! You have come to the conclusion.

Barley smiled broadly.

-That's ... Besides incredible, isn't it Ian?

You turned to him, but you gasped in surprise when you got a hug.

-You have a connection with him, you have a connection with us! He whispered.

You just wrapped your arms around him and smiled, his body was so warm and huggable.

-Awww look at those cuties! Laurel commented when she got to the living room and saw the scene with a smile. 

-Ok, ok, you've been in this for 3 minutes, that's enough! Corey separated yo two. Time to pack gang, we're going on a cruise!

You guys celebrated and it was really cool to see Laurel happy that way again. You all walked to the same place you arrived there with Aladus, close to the sea. A port was opened and had a large vessel, but it was so different from the fishing vessels on the island.

-Are we going to travel on that? You asked, a little amazed about how something so big, heavy and made of metal could float.

-Yes and just out of curiosity, does all this ship also fit in your magic purse? Barley asked.

-Yeah, anything fits on it! You answered.

-Guys, there are only a few minutes to disembark, come on! Corey warned and y'all soon climbed the stairs that led inside.