Chapter XV

As soon as Barley came to your house and the two of you told them that there was something very strange going on with Ixion, Barley surprised you when he replied that he already knew what it was about.

-And then, what will he and you do?

-Honestly, I don't know. He assured me that until this arranged marriage arrives, he'll think of something for us to be together!

Barley looked so sad and heartbroken, that you immediately came over and gave him a big hug.

-It'll be all right buddy, you'll see! You comforted him.

-We will always be here for you! Ian said, also joining the hug.

Meanwhile, Ixion and Joanne strolled through the royal garden, while talking. But neither of them noticed that Desiree was watching them from a distance, to see for herself if things were going the way she wanted.

Joanne noticed his distant look and asked.

-What happened?

-I'm just thinking about ... Someone! He replied, even more downcast.

-Your love? She asked and had a sincere smile on her face.

Ixion smiled, seeing that Joanne was not like the petulant and proud monarchs, who only thought about money and power, but was controlled like a puppet by her mother.

-Yes, but do you promise to keep a very big secret? He asked.

-Of course!

-It's the most beautiful and sweetest man who ever set foot on this earth! He whispered in her ear.

-You should be with him, since you love each other! She said.

-It's not that easy!

-Of course it is, you just need each other so go far, where nobody will blame you for loving each other! She advised him and made him thoughtful.

-Not a bad idea, I always imagined what it would be like if we were together forever!

-But?

-But I can't think of leaving my Kingdom just like that. My sisters are too young for me to abdicate the throne, but I don't want to be away from Barley. I'm at a dead end, Jo!

-Hey, don't worry. Maybe I can help you with that! She said with all the calm in the world.

-Really? His melancholy face immediately lit up.

-Yes!

-Thank you, thank you so much! He hugged her and turned her in his arms.

In her hiding place to stalk her daughter, Desiree celebrated, thinking he was beginning to fall in love with Joanne.

After Maddie's birth, you became a little more protective, not wanting to go to the island in Aladus, but by boat for fear that she might fall.

All the way there, you watched lovingly as her grandmother play with her. One of the things about Maddie that most charmed Laurel, was that she was extremely similar to her father and had Wilden's eyes. 

Upon arriving at the port, you were welcomed by them. Her father was a true owl grandfather.

-How's my second little princess? He joked, making faces at Maddie, who laughed adorably at his antics.

You giggled.

-Very happy to see her grandpa, I can see! Ian said.

-And Barley? Dánae asked.