Chapter XVIII

A/N: All right folks, now this is actually the last chapter, no bluff. Thank you so much for everyone who read this far. I remember being a little sad because it didn't seem to be getting much attention in the first few days and I was seriously thinking if I should delete it or not, but something told me that I shouldn't give up on it and everything was fine, it's the first time that one of my stories rocked in such a short time and the feeling is incredible, now without further ado, the last chapter:

Your father approached them, which immediately stopped the two from showing their affection.

-Ca-ham, excuse me ...

-Papa, enough of this story of me marrying someone I don't love. I really tried, but ... Love is an inevitable thing, as you always say. So either we change those laws, or I'll abdicate the throne! He said, finally accepting that nothing else would be above his happiness.

Barley smiled broadly, also feeling proud of his beloved.

-I just wanted to say that, it's okay! He replied.

-Okay Papa, if it'll be like this I have no choice but ... He stopped, as soon as he understood what your father said.-Wait, what?

-Ixion, you proved that you're a true King, finally fighting to the end for what you believe. Your mother was right about everything: Love is love. She sure is as proud of you as I am now!

With happy tears in his eyes, Ixion wrapped him in a very tight hug.

-I love you Papa!

-Group hug in family! Dánae screamed and her two families, who that day became one even closer, came together in a hug and all the wedding guests applauded and celebrated.

-Only one thing: I'll want an heir to the throne and preferably some more. Is there any way you two ...

-No problem with that, there is something on the continent called surrogate. Until our wedding arrives, I'm sure we'll find one!

-Excuse me! Joanne raised her hand and everyone turned their attention to her.-I think I can be that! She offered.

-Jo, are you serious? Ixion asked, surprised by what she said.

-You became my best friend, I couldn't help canceling the wedding, but I can help with that! She answered.

Ixion and Barley hugged her and kissed her on the cheeks at the same time.

-Yeah, everything worked out! Ian said, his arms wrapped around you and your hands resting on his arms.

-After all these years, finally. Hey, can I say something?

-Anything my sweetie! He replied, before giving a tender kiss on your cheek, which made you smile.

-Speaking of babies, we could give Maddie a little sister or little brother!

-Uh?

2 years later...

Her wall of important moments was filled with several other important moments, like more family photos, when Ian and Maddie drew hearts on your huge belly, where it was generating your new reason for living. Well, Maddie still didn't know how to draw hearts, so she dipped her little hand in red paint and marked it on her belly. You loved it with all your heart anyway.

You had the most loving and adorable nuclear family in the world, there was nothing else you could ever want to ask for in this life.

She was as anxious as the two of you with the arrival of her little sister, but there were some complications in childbirth, you had to confess that you felt very scared, you were not afraid of death at all, but afraid to leave your daughters, knowing that no one else in the world would love them as you loved them.