Chapter XVII

-Don't worry Barley, you will get out of this! You comforted him while he was trapped in the cell.

-That's the least of it, I don't want Ixion to think I'm a thief! He replied, facing everything with great courage.

-You can believe, my brother would never think that of you! You said.

Not long after that, a guard went down to his cell, chose one of the keys from many of his key chains and opened the iron gate.

-Oh my God, thank goodness! Ian exclaimed, when he and you gave him the biggest hug in the world.

-Is he free? You asked, very hopefully.

-No, I came at the behest of the King, to send the prisoner back to his home on the continent! He answered seriously.

-Ixion said that? He asked, becoming crestfallen.

-Yes, if you can follow me!

-OK! He reluctantly agreed.

-Wait, brother, I'm going with you! Ian said.

-But what about the wedding ...?

-Forget this wedding, we'll be together until the end! He replied, before hugging his brother.

-I'm going too, could you wait a while for me to get our things to go? You asked.

-Okay! He agreed.

Time skip:

Before you left, you met your brother, who was sadder than ever.

-What happened Ixion? You asked.

-The wedding was rescheduled for tomorrow, I missed Y / N! He replied, then burst into tears again.

-Calm down!

-There is no way for me to calm down, I lost!

-I know something will happen, the force of love is very powerful! You said, trying to be optimistic, which was not his case.

-Can you deliver this letter to Barley? Tell him that I'll love him forever! He asked, extending his hand with a paper folded in half.

-Of course, until another day, bro! You gave him a hug before you left.

You felt so bad for both of them, you didn't even want to imagine if the obstacles to your relationship with Ian were that complicated.

-My daughter, where are you going? Your father asked when he saw you with his hands full of suitcases.

-Go away with Ian and Barley! You answered coldly.

-But tomorrow is your brother's wedding, we're your family and they ...

-My husband's family is my family too! You spoke before he finished speaking.-Besides, I didn't like having my best friend put in prison at all, since they set him up. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go. I'll send a letter when I arrive!

While walking towards the gate, you tried to hold back the tears, but ended up crying, for the horrible way it was all over. Deep down, you didn't want to choose a side, but you ended up being forced.

When you 5 boarded the ship to go back to the mainland, it was total silence. That was when you remembered the letter that Ixion had sent to Barley.

-Friend, Ixion asked me to send this to you!

Upon hearing his brother's name, he immediately perked up and hurried to read the letter.

-"My love, I'm sorry for doing this, but it hurts like a knife in the heart to see you imprisoned as a criminal, I had to make a deal for you to go home. I'll always love you, Ixion"!