Chapter III

Few villagers left the island, but returned home with many teachings in case anyone wanted to leave the island as well. The only one who did not return was a young adventurer who left the island at age 16.

Everyone said he found something more that what he already had in the Kingdom.

You knew the difference between the world of yesteryear and the current world, through the projections of magic that they created and the differences were stark. Arriving in any city, Aladus landed on the ground. You calmly got off his back and said bye, leaning your forehead to his.

After all, he was a creature from the island and he had to go back to the island ... Just like you someday.

Everything caused you the greatest fascination in the world, like how those things worked without magic? The heck was fascinating.

As you walked, people looked at you with total astonishment.

Maybe it was your native clothes from your land, your bare feet or because your palms shone from time to time. But you just smile and waved amicably. For some moment, you felt that someone was watching you constantly when you arrived in the city.

"Ok Y/N, this new world is amazing, but the number one priority is to find what ... Whatever I'm looking for" You said to yourself, trying not to lose focus.

Suddenly, your right foot stuck somewhere. You felt a pain so great that you involuntarily let out a loud cry, more and more desperate for not knowing how to get out of that situation.

-Oh my goodness. Miss, are you okay? A worried, sweet voice spoke, seeming to be talking to you.

You immediately raised your head to see who it was. He was an elf like you, looking like a little bit younger than you.

But as soon as you laid your eyes on him, your heart beat so hard it seemed to want to escape from your chest.

When you opened your mouth to say something, you seemed to be speechless, as nothing could come out, nor sounds. He was so cute with those freckles and those shiny little eyes, you had to admit.

-I-i don't know! You finally managed to say something, but you stuttered and felt like a real idiot for that.

Without concrete answers, he watched carefully where your foot had been stuck.

-Hm, problems with cracks in the asphalt. We'll have to pull your foot out of there! He came to the conclusion.

-But it hurts a lot! You said.

Watching your startled look, he changed his tone and clarified sweetly:

-I know it hurts, but you don't have much choice. You don't want to keep your foot stuck here forever, do you?

You thought for a few seconds and took a deep breath.

-OK! You agreed.

Soon after, he wrapped his hands tightly around your ankle.

-Ok! He warned.-I'm going to pull in 1, 2, 3!

Your foot was pulled and you were unable to hold back the tears of pain.

-Hey, it's okay now. Do you think you can support your foot on the ground? He asked, slowly moving your foot and causing more pain.

-Honestly no! You replied while while wipened your tears.

Ian thought. He knew that you were not his responsibility, but he simply felt that he couldn't leave you there hurt and alone on your own.

-Look, I'm going to take you to my house and make a bandage on that foot, my brother is already arriving!

-Thank you! You thanked him with all your heart.

-It's nothing! He returned it to you with a small, shy smile.

-What's your name? You asked.

-Ian Lightfoot!

-Y/N of Magisk Lander! You introduced yourself.

-Nice to meet you! He smiled.

-Equally! You replied, shyly looking away.

Not long after, one of those carriages without pegasus painted with an alicorn arrived.

-Iandore Lightfoot, your carriage has arrived! His brother said. He spoke in a very medieval way, you thought it was really cool.

-I expected no less than that, Barley Lightfoot! Ian said, imitating his way of speaking and the two laughed together.

You could see that the two were very close.

-Oohhhh who's she? He asked.

-She's a friend and we can't waste any more time, she hurt her foot! Ian explained, you could see his cheeks redden.

-Immediately noble wizard! He said as he opened the door.

Time skip:

-Wow, what happened? The woman elf asked when she saw you.

-This is my new friend Y/N, I think she sprained her ankle!

-Nice to meet you! You greeted her with a shameful smile.

-Hey gal... She was friendly, but suddenly, noticed something about you, which made her shock.

-What? Do I have something wrong? You asked, wondering how she behaved.

-Where did you get this necklace? She asked, approaching and holding the pendant in one hand.

-It was my mother's!

She smiled affectionately at you, you smiled back.

-Very well, let's take care of this injury!

-Is it a very serious thing? You asked, fearing that you would never be able to support yourself on that foot again.

She watched your foot when you sat on the couch.

-It's nothing serious, I'll give you an ice pack and keep it high for about 5 days and it'll be fine!

-Thanks! You thanked her.

-Very well, I'll leave her in your hands. I agreed to meet the guys now, bye! Ian said goodbye.

As he walked away, you watched him. Barley observed his behavior and smiled, leaning in his direction.

-Oohhh he's so cute, right? Barley said, acting like a teenage girl.

-Yeah! You answered.

When you realized what you said, your eyes widened and you felt like you wanted to burying your head in a hole.

-No, I didn't mean that, uh, is that ... You stuttered, trying to explain.

-It's all right! He laughed. -But where did you come from?

-I know you can't believe what I'm going to say now, but I'm the queen of an invisible magical island, whose ancestors from mine, founded many generations ago!

-What? Magic? He asked, soon becoming more excited about it.

-Uhhhh yeah! You smiled.

-Can you do a magic to me?

-I'll leave you two here talking! She laughed and walked to another room in the house.

-Okay mom! He replied.

You moved your hand and spread magic dust around his head.

-Wooow! He was marveled at holding the dust in his hands.-And how is it where you live?

-Well, it's against the law to tell anyone outside about my land! You explained.

He lowered his head and made a sound of disappointment.

-But now that I'm the queen I can change these laws! You said and his big smile came back.

You smiled back at the feeling that you two would be great friends.