Chapter XI

-You're my best friend Corey, I don't know what I would do without you! Laurel said and hugged her again, unable to contain any more tears. Despite always being strong, she was not made of stone and was still hurt from her old relationship.

Corey gently wiped Laurel's tears, taking care that her claws didn't scratch her beautiful face. She decided that this was the moment when she would tell Laurel everything she felt, as she could no longer hide.

Gently, Corey took her by the left hand, looking her in the eye the entire time.

-You have the world at your feet, you are the most amazing woman I have ever met. From the beginning I could see that Colt was not a very smart guy, but I never thought he was too stupid to let someone like you go!

-I think it was exactly like that! Laurel said, before sniffling.

-And it may not be the most appropriate moment to say that, but although you're my best friend, I can't help wanting to be more than that in your life! She finally said, which made Laurel's sad expression turn into an expression of total surprise.

-You never noticed? She laughed.

-Uhhh I think so, but you never said anything to me!

-It was the deep fear of being rejected that prevented me, but I can't hide it anymore. You're beautiful, noble, intelligent and I admire most of all your courage to do everything for your boys. I can't get you out of my head, I wanted so much to kiss you, to hug you. But I have to wait, you need me as a friend more than ever at the moment, you're still hurt and shaken from your past relationship, despite being strong. I care too much for you to take advantage of your pain. Because I love you, Laurel!

Corey kissed her on the forehead.

-Till tomorrow, partner!

Laurel didn't stop feeling swayed by everything that her friend said, along with the love she felt for her and the hurt that Colt left her, caused a mixture of feelings that left her extremely confused.

After taking in everything Corey said, she left your cabin. Barley was there waiting for her.

-Good, tell Y/N that she can have her cabin back! She asked.

-Look, Y/N is ... He thought of a lie.-Walking on the ship!

-At these hours of the night? Laurel asked confused.

-Yeah, Landers' customs! He replied while crossing his fingers behind his back.

-Okay. And your brother?

-Ian went to sleep early!

-Okay, so I think I'm going to sleep! She said and gave her son a good night kiss on the forehead.-Good night, don't sleep too late!

-Yes ma'am! He replied ironically and they both laughed.

In the next day, your eyes slowly opened after a night's sleep. You couldn't help but smile when you realized that your arms were still entwined in his chest, your head resting on his bare back and your 4 legs entwined in each other.

Normally you would stretch too much, stretching the 4 limbs and knocking everything around, but you were too comfortable there to move.

After several moments of watching Ian sleep, which was completely adorable, you decided to wake him up.

-Good morning, my baby! You whispered in his ear.

Suddenly, your face was buried in his hair when he tried to get up.

-Whoa, your hair tried to murder me! You joked.

- Bad hair, bad hair! He joked and you both laughed. -You know I noticed something! He said.

-That the police will be after me in a little while? You laughed.

-No, you silly! He also laughed.-It's just that I love you so much!

-Did I ever say that I really love you? You asked, while looking at him affectionately and stroking his cheek.

-Always, but I'll never get tired of listening! He answered and gave you a kiss on the tip of his nose.

-And I'll never get tired of saying, I love you, I love you, I love you!

You grabbed that adorable face and gave it a thousand smacks.

You have never been happier.

Time skip:

The five of you met again at the bow of the ship, as the vessel was about to arrive at its final destination, Rhodes.

-Hey, there you are Y/N. I haven't seen you since yesterday, where have you been? Laurel asked.

Both of their faces flushed and became even more red. You couldn't just say "Yesterday I took your son's virginity".

-Uh ... I was ...

-I couldn't sleep, so we met here at the bow and we were talking! Ian lied, mostly. -I found out that I love this cute little thing as much as she loves me!

-No, you are my cutest thing in the world! You hugged him tightly, a happy smile that never left your face.

-So are you two like, dating? Barley asked.

You both nodded and he celebrated.

-Oooooohhhh I'm the best wingman! He shouted, handing over the game.

-What is he talking about? Ian asked you.

-A long story! You laughed.

-Ok, so Y/N, there's something I forgot! Ian said.

-What? Don't delay to tell me, 'cause I'm curious!

-It's that, now that you found what you were looking for, now that you found me, you can go back to the island!

-What? Do you want me to go back to the island? You asked, the conversation soon became extremely serious.

-No, don't misunderstand. The problem is exactly that, now you ... You can go home!

You were happy at the thought of seeing your family again, but at the same time, sad at the thought of having to get away from Ian, your best friend, Laurel, and everything that you had ever attached to the continent.

-Yes, I can! You answered in a wistful tone.

Suddenly, Ian grabbed both of his hands and looked you in the eye. Your only weakness. 

-Don't go, stay in Mushroom Town, stay with me! He asked.

Yeah, you had just been placed between a rock and a hard place. It all seemed like Laurel and Wilden's story repeating itself, he decided to stay, but he never returned to Magisk Lander and left everything behind.

More than ever, you wanted to be with Ian, but in what way without having to leave the island?

You thought, until a brilliant idea popped into your head.

-I had an idea, that can work! You smiled, while he was curious about it.-Wait until we get back!