2:

"Okay, what about Gabe Lawrence?" Luna asked eagerly.

"You mean the will do your math homework for you in exchange for sex?" I visibly cringed when she verified it was the same Gabe Lawrence. "I think I'll pass."

She hummed and contemplated for a few moments before lighting up with excitement. "I know! Addison Clark?"

"The girl that un-ironically dresses like Justin Bieber during his fuckboy era? No thanks."

"Emily Scott?"

"Ha. No."

"Why no? She's pretty."

"I've seen cardboard boxes with more personality than her, Luna."

"Fine, then. Ian Addams?"

"Who?"

"Madeline!" She exclaimed. "Come on, help me out here. This won't work if you're not even trying."

"Sorry that I have standards for whom I choose to associate myself with romantically," I responded, relieved to find that we were pulling into Zach's driveway and I would only have to endure this for a little bit longer. 

"If your flirting is anything like that robotic response you just gave me, I would consider lowering my standards," She suggested, sticking her tongue out when I scowled at her. 

"I know how to flirt," I insisted. 

"Yes, and I inherently knew how to suck a dick and didn't learn from watching porn videos."

I winced. "There are some things we just don't need to share with one another."

She rolled her eyes, "Don't act like that's not how you learned, too."

"If it was, I wouldn't vocalize it like it was the equivalent to watching Khan Academy videos for extra help in maths."

"It's basically the same thing."

"I'm going to disagree with you on that one, but sure."

She flipped me off as she pushed open the front door to Zach's house and announced our arrival. Zach was already sitting in the living room talking with Jason, while Dylan and Carson weren't anywhere to be found yet. 

Luna still seemed overly distressed about the fact that I was single, whereas I could really care less. That was the charm of our friendship– we were polar opposites in every way imaginable. Our looks, for example: she's kind of tall and I'm an average height; she's blonde, I'm brunette; my eyes are greenish, hers are bluish; I have maturity and she doesn't.

Upon seeing how upset she was, I sighed and looped my arm through hers, "Have you ever considered that maybe, just possibly, I'm happy being single?"

"No."

I gave her a very unamused look. "Seriously, I don't need you setting me up with someone."

"You're funny if you think this is for you," She responded, an air of humor to her tone now. "This is about my precious gas tank. Fuel prices are going up, up, up, Madeline."

I rolled my eyes, "Please, your dad is the biggest softie. All you'd have to do is pout your lips and he would pay for your gas for an entire year." She opened her mouth as if she was going to say something to contradict my statement, but decided against it a moment later. I continued, "This is about not having anyone other than Zach in your car."

"Fine, whatever, that may be part of the reason," She divulged, as she pulled us into Zach's living room. "But also, you could, I don't know, this is just a suggestion: drive yourself."