5:

My favorite thing about parties is the morning after. The remnants of last night's makeup smudged under your eyes, the awful taste of alcohol on your tongue, the sudden wave of nausea encouraging you to throw up your entire digestive system, the lack of memory of what happened or how you got home, and, best of all, waking up half-dressed next to a random guy, also half-dressed. 

Ah, the morning after a party: what's not to love?

After managing to get out of bed without barfing, I stumbled my way into the bathroom to brush the taste of beer out of my teeth and find something to ease the hangover headache that was quickly developing. 

When I came back out of the bathroom, some of my grogginess had worn off and I remembered that I had to wake up the half-dead-looking body in my bed in order for him to actually leave. This was a perfect example of why I avoided bringing hook ups home with me, and could almost guarantee that it happened last night under Jason's influence. 

I booted the kid from my bed and politely showed him the door before texting Jason to make sure that he, along with everyone else, got home alright, too. It was a delightful surprise to receive a text back from TK on Jason's phone, because the latter was still asleep. He confirmed my theory that Jason had been the one to urge me home from the party with a random guy. 

After trying to call Luna and quickly getting hung up on after she scolded me for trying to wake her up while the sun was still up, I decided to enjoy my morning and take a relaxing hot shower. This would mark the first time in months that Luna wasn't dragging me off to some Sunday spinning class with her, and I was all too happy about that notion.

It seemed that no one else was keen about waking up this early after a long night, not that I could really blame them. Much to my delight, this meant that I would be staying in today; nothing provides a more perfect remedy for a hangover than putting on a comfortable pair of sweatpants and lounging in bed for the entire day. 

My proposed alone time, however, was quickly interrupted. I hadn't even managed to finish brushing out my wet hair when I heard my name being called. 

I listened to the creak of my door as it was pushed open a minimal amount, followed by heavy footsteps entering my room without permission. I didn't have to turn around to know that it was Carson– I could tell by the way my nerves spiked as soon as the door opened. Just his aura was enough to set me over the edge sometimes. 

"Maybe knock first," I said angrily. "I could have been undressed."

"Catch you in the middle of changing?" He asked with a smirk, allowing his eyes to fall over my body slowly. "That would have been a pity."   

"You're disgusting," I scowled. "Why are you in here? What do you want?"

"I was bored," He shrugged, inviting himself to sit down on my freshly made bed. He shifted into the middle of the mattress, rearranging some of my throw pillows as he went, before kicking out his legs in front of him.  

"I'm not understanding my involvement," I responded, abandoning my hair brush to go and remove his feet off of my bed. He radiated with satisfaction as he refused to move them and I had failed to pry his feet off the bed myself. I narrowed my eyes at him before removing his shoes, not forgetting to throw them at his head, both of which he was unfortunately able to dodge. 

"Why don't we do something?" He suggested, and, for a moment, I almost believed he was serious. 

I sat down on the edge of the bed, as far away from him as possible, and crossed my arms over my chest. "We?" I asked skeptically. "As in me and you?"

"Are you dense?" He remarked, reaching over to knock on the top of my head a few times before I managed to swat his hand away. "That's what I said."

I let out laugh, amused by the sheer absurdity of his request. "Yeah, sure, Carson– let's do something together. And while we're at it, let's get matching tattoos of a rainbow princess mermaid!"