22:

I woke up in Carson's bed again.

I honestly don't know how this keeps happening. It's been occurring more and more often that I would sleep in his room, even when we wouldn't do anything. I know it needs to stop. I can't even remember the last time I slept alone, in my own bed.

I looked over Carson to the window. It was fully morning, and the sun was peeking in through the blinds, warming my skin. We had fallen asleep really late last night. We had watched a movie, and then stayed up talking long after it ended. We saw the sky lightening before either of us fell asleep, so I'm sure it was close to noon, now.

I looked back to Carson. He was still asleep, and if I was quiet enough, I could maybe leave without him knowing. But I hadn't tried to do that with him since the first time we fell asleep in the same bed– it didn't work then, and it probably wouldn't work now. At this point, it really wouldn't do me any good to sneak out. So I stayed.

I should have gotten up, I know that. I shouldn't have even come in here last night. I should have gone to my own bedroom last night. We hadn't done anything last night, so there was no real reason for me to be in his bed.

I looked up at Carson. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. The smirk that was usually plastered on his face was replaced by a small, relaxed smile. His eyebrows weren't furrowed with anger. There were no lines of frustration or wrinkles from frowning etched into his skin. He was just... calm.

I ran my index finger over the edge of his jawline, starting right below his ear and tracing all the way down to his chin. He let out a soft hum, but he hadn't moved at all, so I continued. I let my thumb find his bottom lip and gently traced over it.

He peeked one eye open. "What are you doing?" He asked, his voice rough. 

I smiled, "Nothing."

I continued what I was doing, well aware that he was watching me now. His eyes tracked the movement of my fingers over his lips and his jaw.

He caught my wrist, "It's too early for that, Princess."

"Too early for what?" I asked innocently.

He laughed, "You're lucky you're pretty."

"I know."

He kissed me then. His hand came to my face, and the other slid under my waist to pull me on top of him. But the kiss was over just as quickly as it started. 

"What was that?" I asked.

"A kiss," he responded like it was the obvious answer.

I shook my head, "Nuh-uh."

I grabbed his chin and pulled his lips back onto mine. He seemed set on keeping it all innocent at first, but it didn't take long for his tongue to slide into my mouth. I grabbed the sides of his shirt and shoved it upwards, letting my hands slide over his bare stomach in the process.

He pulled away again, "What are you doing?"

"Kissing you," I said because it was the obvious answer.

He smirked, "Nuh-uh." 

He grabbed my waist and flipped us over so that he was now on top of me, his arms and legs caging me under him. I couldn't escape him, even if I wanted to. And I definitely did not want to.

My hands found their way into his hair, which I would pull on every time he decided to bite my bottom lip. And it felt good. So good that I didn't hear the footsteps on the stairs. Or the sound of my door, just across the hall, being opened. Or the sound of footsteps coming to Carson's door. Or the sound of someone knocking and beginning to ask if Carson knew where I was.