31:

It didn't take a long time for me to figure out that something happened last night. Something big.

Carson hardly spoke to me all day, and if other people were around, including our friends, he would ignore me. I was angry about it, but he's an asshole, so I kind of brushed it off. 

Luna was hard to find, too. When I could find her, however, she would at least have the decency to stop and talk to me. She seemed to know something about whatever happened, because she had this nervous look in her eyes and they would scatter around. 

Even Zach was being shady, and he's usually rock solid. He didn't really hang out with any of us today he; he sat with some of his baseball buddies all day. 

And Dylan. I have no idea why, but Dylan was in a really awful mood. He kept quiet all day, and practically ripped the head off of anyone who came near him. I tried talking to him earlier, but he made up some lame excuse about having to meet with a teacher. Maybe he was just grumpy from his hangover.

Jason was the only one still acting normal, and by that I mean chaotic as hell. He spent most of the day with TK, however, and had somehow managed to convince TK to purposefully get a detention so they could spend time together after school.

The whole day just seemed so off. I'm telling you, something happened. I just had to figure out what.

"Jason will you stop sucking TK's face off for one minute!" I tugged at his shirt.

He groaned but pulled away from TK. "What, Madeline?"

"What happened last night?"

"Mads, I remember literally just as little as you do."

"So you have no idea why everyone is acting so weird?"

He looked away.

"Jason, what do you know?"

"Just tell her, J," TK spoke up.

Jason sighed, "Alright. This morning Carson and Dylan were talking in the kitchen. I couldn't hear what it was about, but it seemed pretty serious. I fell asleep shortly after, but ever since, they've been kind of weird. Listen, Mads, I'm sure it's nothing."

He gave me a not-so-comforting, comforting pat on the shoulder before heading off towards his last class, pulling TK down the hall with him. 

"Right," I said. "Nothing."

Nothing. Except maybe every single thing that Carson and I have done that Dylan doesn't know about.

Nothing.

*           *          *

Detention started thirty minutes ago. The 80 year-old supervisor had already fallen asleep.

TK and Jason were sitting in the back corner of the room, making out and paying attention to nothing else. I made the wise decision to not sit anywhere near them. Dylan was sitting alone in the front of the room, his hood pulled up, and his head resting on his desk. Carson sat off to the side. He had his legs kicked up on the seat in front of him, his head was rolled back, ear buds plugged in, and his eyes were closed. Zach and Luna were sitting a few desks over from me, involved in conversation.

I didn't know what to do. I figured my best bet at this point would be to try and talk to Dylan, so I slid into the desk next to him.

"Hey," I smiled.

He lifted his head up from his desk, looked at me, and then put his head back down.

I frowned, "Dylan?"