Chapter 13

Wei couldn't wait to get home. He should have known better than to get involved in things that weren't his concern, now he would have to face it all again.

"How can you say it's no big deal? He must have thought I was crazy Gelan, I'm sure that's what he thinks... I still remember very well how... if they didn't believe me then who else could..."

He heard someone yelling his name and instinctively turned around. He saw Yunlan running towards him.

Wei quickened his steps heading home.

Yunlan cursed and kept running until he finally reached him.
"Didn't you see me? Why didn't you stop?"

Wei shot him an icy glare but kept walking. "You're a smart cop, I'm sure you can figure that out yourself."

He was almost home, only a few meters and he would be alone to think about that big mess. Well, alone may not be exactly the right word, but his friends' presence never bothered him.

"I'm not being rude! And yes, yes it is his fault..." Wei muttered and Yunlan couldn't stop himself.
"What? Who are you talking to?"

They had already entered Wei's apartment building and were waiting in front of the elevator.
Wei looked at him and for a moment he seemed uncertain, then he startled Yunlan by laughing out loud.

"You are absolutely right, I haven't introduced you two."

The elevator doors opened and they got in together.

"Introduce me?" Yunlan wasn't sure of what was going on.

Wei moved an arm in front of him, slightly on the right and spoke as if there was someone there.

"Let me introduce you to my friend Gelan, she's been with me since I was a small child and has never stopped acting as a mother hen. Gelan, this is officer Yunlan, I just met him and he already ruined my life."

"What?"

Wei got out and quickly reached his apartment door with Yunlan at his heels.

"What are you talking about? I did nothing to ruin your life!"

Wei opened the door and let him come inside. He locked it, put down his bag and took off his jacket.

"Let's see who's home tonight. It's only fair that I introduce you to all of my friends. Andrew is in the kitchen for sure, the others are Takeo, Huan, DongMei, LiLing, Qing and Luca. Guys, say hi to our guest."

Yunlan was speechless.

Wei turned to him with a mocking smile. "You wanted so much to know who lives with me. Maybe lives is not the right word though, you might have tried asking 'who are the souls infesting your house?' Well, now you know. Happy?"

"Look, Wei, I..."

"You didn't even say a word to them. That's not very polite."

Yunlan felt his hostile gaze on himself. He scanned the apartment but his eyes landed on nothing but furniture. "Uhm... nice to meet you?"

Wei smirked. "I'm not sure about that."

Yunlan frowned, he didn't like his tone of voice.

Wei left the puzzled Yunlan behind to go make himself a cup of tea.

He wanted to make just one, but something inside him cringed at how rude that was so he made two instead.

He put two steaming cups on the table. Yunlan still hadn't moved. Wei shook his head. "The tea will get cold if you don't drink it. If you didn't want it you  could have told me."