Chapter 40

Yunlan was still laughing and Wei couldn't be more embarrassed.

"Were you jealous of Li Chang? Wow, I'm flattered." He laughed again, despite Wei's feeble attempts at denying his jealousy.

Since they arrived, Yunlan hadn't stopped laughing. Wei had been asked to recount every single word exchanged at the station - although he managed to omit the compliment to a certain computer genius. It didn't seem relevant at the moment.

Finally giving up, Wei threw his hands in the air. "Fine, I was a bit jealous. Who wouldn't be, he's your ex!"

Yunlan stopped laughing. He seemed to consider it for a moment.
"How strange, I kinda like that."

They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, then Wei lowered his eyes.

"So, you're not angry about it? I didn't even ask you if you wanted to talk to him."

"I didn't. He's the past. I don't care about the past, it's gone."

Yunlan's voice was calm, certain; on his face there was no hint of any doubts anywhere that Wei could see, and he felt better.

They were at Yunlan's house where they could talk in absolute privacy. They were laying on the bed, Yunlan on the left side and Wei on the right. He had been watching curiously while Nari tried to make the bed and straighten the covers under them. She really seemed to have an obsession with Yunlan's bed.

Their conversation had quickly diverted all his attention, though, and at those words he turned around and planted a kiss on Yunlan's lips. He placed a hand on his left cheek and kissed him tenderly with his eyes closed.

Yunlan put a hand on his hip and rewarded him with his full attention. It wasn't passionate, but long and tender. It felt emotional and domestic, and Wei loved everything about it. He parted with a sigh and laid again on his side of the bed.

"Would you tell me now what happened last night? How did you find me?"

It was Yunlan's turn to blush now. He laid back as well, to avoid looking directly at him.

"I..." He cleared his throat and fired his next words as quickly as he could. "I asked Andrew to lead me to you and he left a path of flour for me to follow."

He couldn't look him in the eyes while saying those words, and Wei was rendered speechless for a while.

Yunlan was blushing more by the second, and it was a few moments until Wei fully registered what he had said.

"You asked for Andrew's help? You actually talked to him?"

"Well, I couldn't know if there was anyone or not, but you said he's always in the kitchen, so I tried... I was worried about you!" Yunlan had a defensive tone in his voice as if he felt he had to justify such a silly action.

Wei's eyes were open wide in disbelief. "So you really spoke to someone you couldn't see, and then followed the trail to me?"

Yunlan cleared his throat again. "Yeah, I did. I can't see your... your friends, so I couldn't know if there was anyone in, but you said that this Andrew never leaves the kitchen. No harm in trying, right? I really wanted to know where you had gone."

"Why?"

At Yunlan's confused frown, Wei explained. "Why were you worried? I myself had no idea what I was going to do. How could you know I would need you?"

"At least part of you must have known. There was sadness in your kiss."

Wei stared at him, not knowing what to say, and Yunlan cleared his throat once again in an attempt to hide his own embarrassment.