Chapter 21

Wei jumped up and hurried at Yunlan's side. He tried to move the chair a little and lift him up, but it was difficult in that position and with his current agitation, so he asked for Luca's help.

Luca made Yunlan's body float and placed him gently on the couch, then Wei lifted his legs to help the blood to his brain.

A couple of seconds and Yunlan opened his eyes.

"What happened? What..."

Wei slowly lowered his legs but urged him to stay down and not to make any sudden movement. He wanted to make sure he'd be alright. He then sat on the edge of the couch.

"How do you feel? Do you remember anything?"

Yunlan's brain was rather confused.
"I think... did we... hold hands?"

Wei blushed.
"I'm sorry. LiLing took over your body and she's a lovesick ghost so..."

Yunlan interrupted him, still trying to make sense of it.
"She's in love with me?"

Wei chuckled now, amused by his words and relieved that he seemed to be fine.

"No, she sees no difference between you and any other. She just has these overwhelming feelings of longing for a love she left behind."

Very slowly, Yunlan lifted himself into a sitting position.

"Wait here, I'll make you an orange-juice," Wei said and got up.

Yunlan followed him with his eyes first then he went to him moving cautiously, checking his vision in case he felt like fainting again, but he didn't.

He moved silently until he reached the kitchen where Wei was busy cutting oranges; Wei had not noticed him approaching, and his presence startled him causing him to cut his finger.

It was but a small cut, yet Yunlan came forward with guilt in his voice. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

He took his hand to check on the wound, causing a small amount of blood to smear onto his skin. Wei took his hand away.

"It's nothing. Let me clean up, I still haven't finished your glass."

"You should think of your wound first. I can take care of the orange juice," Yunlan volunteered raising his hand in a mock gesture.

Wei's eyes widened as he saw Yunlan's arm going up and Andrew passing right through him.

Wei watched as Andrew happily prepared a glass of orange juice using the oranges that Wei had already cut in half. Yunlan looked in the same direction and froze. Was he really seeing things moving by themselves? Had he hit his head when he fainted?

Andrew attempted to make a second glass but his hands passed through the material objects now. He had run out of mortal energy and he turned to Wei in open disappointment.

Wei rolled his eyes at him then sighed and raised his own hand.
"Yes, please. Make one for me too."

That was an easy task so Wei could leave Andrew alone to deal with it. He grabbed Yunlan's arm and went into the bathroom to disinfect his cut finger and clean Yunlan's hand as well.

He thought of what had happened. What gave Andrew the strength to make that first glass of orange juice? Did he take the energy from Yunlan's body or from his own blood on Yunlan's hand?

Wei worked mindlessly on his injury while pondering on those questions.
He noticed that the bloodstain on Yunlan's skin was dry while he cleaned both their hands and put medicine on his own finger, focusing all his attention on the task at hand so not to think of the man that was now so close to him.