Chapter 25

Work hours finally ended and Wei was the first out the door.

He felt so restless he reached home in a hurry, wondering if he could go meet Yunlan later. He would decide when the time came, at the moment he had something to do.

As he entered his apartment, he took the things he bought out of the bag and set to work. He realised he might be light-headed for a while later so he opted to ask Yunlan to meet here. He had only the slightest hesitation, then he took his phone and thought about what to say; it was always better to keep it simple.

"Can you stop by tonight? I have something to give you."

He looked at the words while a million others swirled in his head, but he kept them there. Before he could hit send, his stomach sent him clear signals. No matter his late lunch he was hungry again now, so he added: "Buy something to eat maybe? I'm starving."

He sent the message hoping Yunlan would bring something good. He had no will to cook and even less to let Andrew deal by himself with a whole dinner.

To his surprise, he heard a beep almost immediately.

"The same thing you gave me yesterday night?"

Wei laughed, inebriated at the images that filled his mind after reading those words. "That too, if you ask nicely. See you in an hour?"

"Ok."

Wei's smile didn't leave his face the whole time until he finished his task. Living alone he had learned how to sew quite well, at least regarding what suited his needs. He could always let DongMei do it, she was all too eager as well, but he had learned because there were times when he was too tired or simply wanted to do it himself, like now. He wasn't as quick as she was though, and the hour was entirely used while he frantically checked the clock every five minutes to be sure he made it in time. When the doorbell rang he had just finished.

He went to open the door and was greeted by a double vision: the most handsome man with a big bag full of food.

"You said you were starving." Yunlan grinned raising the hand holding the food.

"You're a life saver. Come in."

"Need help setting the table?" Yunlan offered after noticing his pale face, but Wei wouldn't let him.

"I already have help. I have a servant in the house, remember?"

Wei laughed at his expression. He was enjoying not hiding his true self anymore, for once in his life he wanted to feel free.

He called DongMei's name. "We have a guest for dinner. Can you take care of the table?"

Yunlan couldn't see the eager ghost floating around choosing the best china at her disposal, so he blinked numerous times watching things move by themselves until a full set for two people welcomed them on the table.

Wei walked slowly now, he felt weak but a good meal would do him good.
Yunlan sat down in front of him and they started eating. There was a lot of food, which was good because Wei had a lot of appetite.

After he finished the first two dishes, Wei got up and took the pendant he had prepared.

"This is for you," he said to Yunlan handing it to him.

Yunlan inspected it uncertainly.
"A necklace? No offence but I'm not a girl."

Wei didn't falter, he needed to convince Yunlan to keep it with him.
"I know for a fact that you're a man, but one who is constantly in danger so I would really like for you to keep this as a lucky charm. I will tie it for you."