Chapter 26

Yunlan woke up early. Usually he needed an alarm clock to wake him up, but sensing that he wasn't in his own bed didn't let him sleep late.

He looked at the man still sleeping beside him. Could it be different this time? He had always been accused of being too distant, he had been told many times that he didn't behave like a person in love.

Someone said he was as cold as ice, someone else said that he had an emotional detachment issue, while some people simply called him a bastard.

He had acted in the only way possible for him, but it had never been enough. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that he could do about it. Could it be different this time?

The day before he had smiled at Wei's good morning message, but only late in the evening he had realised that there had been no other communication between them after that.

He had welcomed Wei's invitation, he liked him a lot, actually he liked him so much that he almost regretted sleeping with him. If Wei decided he couldn't cope with his attitude, he would lose this man completely.

He wasn't used to this. He was handsome and people always courted him. This was the first time that he had felt such an attachment towards a stranger.

Now Wei wasn't a stranger anymore. They had gone too far.

He sighed and battled his eagerness to get up and out. That night Wei had begged him to stay for breakfast, he could at least do that, right?

He turned in bed many times, but it wasn't his bed, it wasn't his duvet covering him, and he wanted the familiarity of his own home.

Yunlan moved so much that Wei woke up. He threw an arm on the other side of the bed and found the presence of a warm, restless body.

Wei's eyes shot open and he turned immediately towards him.
"You're here," he said in a soft voice.

"Yeah." Hearing that sweet tone Yunlan felt guilty at his own thoughts. Wei sounded so happy to find him there that he felt ashamed of his eagerness to leave.

"Come here," Wei said now, and pulled him towards his naked body.

Wei went for a kiss before remembering that he hadn't yet brushed his teeth, so he turned it into a quick peck on the lips and moved on to his jaw, his neck, his shoulder.

Yunlan felt a thrill down his spine; Wei's lips brushing over his naked skin caused his body to fully wake up and respond accordingly; maybe he could stay a little longer after all.

They made love again until Wei's alarm clock told them that it was time to start a new day. Very reluctantly, Wei let him go and they finally got up.

"Have a shower while I make breakfast."

Wei suddenly remembered something and added, "I was out shopping yesterday and got this for you, in case you stayed over." He handed Yunlan the aftershave he bought for him and smiled before going into the kitchen.

Yunlan felt overwhelmed by his attentions. He went into the bathroom thinking that maybe he could shave here and use it, but after staring at the bottle for half a minute he shook his head and put it down. He took a quick shower and put his clothes back on. He turned towards the bottle again, curiosity written all over his face. What would have Wei chosen for him? He smelled the fragrance and smiled, then he put it back and joined him for breakfast.

"Eat something before you go," Wei said, then he went to the bedroom and came back with the pendant he had given him the night before.

"Don't forget this. I want you to keep it."