Home FAR Away From Home

(Harmony's POV)

Everything was beautiful. Too beautiful. Alarmingly beautiful. Unre—ok, you get the point. But it just freaked me out. A lot. Seriously, I'd just been kidnapped by some kid, teleported in a beam of light, and now I was here in this pristine mansion with some psychotic—but attractive—Irish man, who claimed to be called "The Master"! What the actual heck? The Master of what, exactly? And now I was, what, his companion? WHAT did that even mean?? Actually, I did have some ideas, but they all scared the living heck outta me.

"You'll learn to like it here," he'd said.

Excuse me? No. This was not happening.

Heart pounding in my ears and hands shaking, I took in the surroundings of my bedroom. As I said, it was beautiful. The walls were a white so vibrant and clean, it almost hurt my eyes. A makeup table to one side was adorned with a gorgeous mirror, rimmed with gold. The cushion of the chair in front of it had tiny, light-colored flowers embroidered all over. The bed in the center was queen size, with the darn softest looking, cream-colored sheets and quilt. Matching drapes covered the windows that were on either side of the bed.

But I didn't really care how nice the freaking room looked—I needed to get out of here! I took one uneasy step forward, heart still hammering, then went dashing over to the nearest window, nearly tripping over myself. I yanked the curtain aside. My heart shot through the roof then dropped to my stomach. I wasn't getting out of here. There was no possible way. I was in outer space.

I thought my head was spinning. It sure felt like it. No... maybe it was the room. Yeah. Either way I was gonna pass out if I didn't do something. I tripped backwards, my butt landing on the bed, and I immediately put my head between my knees. I tried hard to steady my breathing.

"Calm down, calm down," I muttered to myself. If there was a way in, then there had to be a way out.

The redhead! He brought me here. But would he let me go? Probably not. He seemed all too eager to please the Master.

Feet still unsteady, I got up and made my way out of my bedroom. I opened the door only slightly, taking a peak out, making sure the Master wasn't around. The hallway and living room were empty. I crept through them in search of Redhead, praying to God I would not run into the Master.

How many hallways and rooms I went through, I had no idea. But among them were a study, a library, a kitchen and dining room, and a couple other empty guest rooms. Then I found the observation room. The walls were completely glass and in a dome shape. I could see so many stars and planets. It was utterly breathtaking. No, that didn't even begin to describe it. It was so brilliantly amazing, for a moment I forgot where I was or what I was doing. Then I spotted Redhead off to one side and my mind snapped back into perspective. He was sitting on the floor, drawing on... maps?

I approached. He looked up. "Oh, hello," he greeted kindly. "Taking a tour around the mansion? Sorry about earlier, by the way. Didn't mean to scare you or anything."

His demeanor was so sweet, I almost felt bad that I was gonna have to try tricking him into taking me back home.

"Oh... that," I started. "It's.. ok. Yeah, I was... just kinda startled... is all."

I got a better look at him now. His nose was dainty, his eyes were sky blue, and his hair was so red he could be mistaken for a Weasley. As for his age? If I had to guess, I'd say seventeen or eighteen.

"Sorry... what was your name again?" I asked, trying to be deceptively friendly.

The boy smiled. "Alastiere. And you're Harmony, right?"