A Day at the Cottage

(Harmony's POV)

I woke to a bird chirping on my windowsill. Seriously, I felt like I was in a Disney movie. Lying in a bed with covers as fluffy as clouds, morning sunlight drifting in through the window, and now another new, little friend, here to welcome me into the day. I sighed, feeling surprisingly well rested, and somehow content. It must have been the atmosphere of the morning.

   I vaguely remembered leaving the window open before I'd gone to bed yesterday as the little blue bird flew into my room. My eyes grew wide as it perched atop my comforter-covered legs. "What is it with all you animals lately?" I murmured.

   A knock at my door startled the bird, and it darted back out the window as the door flung open. In strutted a smug looking Master, all dressed in a white t-shirt, thin-knitted scarf, and a light jacket. Two grocery-sized brown bags were nestled in his arms.

   I scrambled to an upright position, covering myself with my comforter. I had tossed my shirt and skirt to the side and was only wearing my cami and leggings. My face heated, and I was pretty sure it was redder than Alastiere's hair.

   The Master tossed the bags onto my bed. He looked proud, like he'd just gone and taken down the Director single-handedly.

   "D-do you always.. barge into people's.. rooms like this?" I stuttered, feeling embarrassed and flustered.

   He looked around, confused. "Umm, I did knock, your Highness."

   I opened my mouth to retort.

   "Anyway," he continued before I could get a word out, "I so graciously took it upon myself to purchase you some new clothes while I was in town this morning—" he gestured to the two paper bags "—No need to repay me. Think of it as an apology for kidnapping you, I suppose. Enjoy~!"

   Ending on that singsongy note, the Master winked at me, then shut my door behind himself.

   I blinked repeatedly, then stared at the bags. I honestly didn't know what to expect from this dude anymore. I shifted over to grab the "apology" gifts. Both bags were filled to the brim with clothing. Upon dumping them over, I came to discover the Master really didn't have bad taste—the clothes were really cute. After sifting through several tops, skirts, and dresses, I decided on an oversized, yellow sweater and a pale, cream-colored midi skirt. From what I could tell, it was extra flow-y. I placed the rest of the clothes nicely into the dresser on the other side of the room.

   A shower sounded nice, so I grabbed my blob of clothes and made my way to the bathroom.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚ *'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*

"Alastiere, slow down. I don't need you choking on your cereal," I heard the Master scold from around the corner.

   Upon entering the kitchen, I got an eyeful of the redheaded boy slurping down his breakfast. He paused when the Master gave him a look from across the table, then swallowed what he had in his mouth. "Sorry," he mumbled. "Just really hungry—Oh! Good morning, Miss Harmony. You look really pretty today."

   I smiled, running my fingers through my still damp hair. "Thank you, Alastiere."

   "Would you like some cereal with me for breakfast?" Alastiere asked as I took a seat at the little table with them.