The Threat

(Harmony's POV)

I danced along awkwardly in the arms of this overly-tall stick man. He may have been odd, but at least I found it funny. It also helped to distract from the fact that I was feeling very soar and tired at that point.

   "It's always fun to crash a party now and then, but I'll refrain from totally crashing this one," the Time Lord went on in his Scottish accent.

   I giggled, enjoying this weird escapade.

   He twirled me around, losing grip on me for a moment. "Oops!" He exclaimed grabbing hold of me before I collapsed on the floor. "Sorry about that, been drinking a bit since I got here."

   I laughed harder. "It's ok, it's ok!"

   We swirled past other dancing couples, some of them giving us odd looks.

   The man didn't seem to notice or mind, his laugh lines prominent on his aged face as he grinned like a Cheshire cat.

   "Who did you say you were again?" I asked, trying hard to keep in step with him.

   He twirled me again, this time not losing grip. "Uhhh.. oh! I didn't! Nice try, but something tells me I might be here tonight. Wouldn't want to cause a scene."

   I arched an eyebrow. "Huh? Woah—!" I'd gotten spun once again, only this time I went spiraling into the crowd, turning and tripping on my long gown.

   "Oof—!"

   I was staring at a man's well dressed chest—black suit and tie—my hands against him.

   He'd caught me. "Would you look at that," he said in a deep voice, slipping his hands into proper dancing posture with me.

   My head shot up.

   Therian's piercing blue eyes glared down at me, his jaw set. "Just the person I was looking for."

   I gasped, trying to pull back, but his grip tightened.

   "Don't try causing a scene," he said darkly, leading me into the dance like we'd been together the entire song. "I just have a message I'd like to relay to you."

   My heart was pounding. I felt alone, weak, and afraid. After all, I was still recovering from all my injuries. There were no animals nearby, and all my friends were off who knows where. Even if they did see him with me, they wouldn't know who he was.

   I swallowed, visibly shaking as we danced. "I'm sorry about your dad," I almost whispered, "I—"

   "Save it," he growled.

   The violin started to pick up more dramatically in the song as Therian swayed across the floor with me.

   He pulled me in a little closer. "You thought you could just have a happy ending, didn't you, after what you did?"

   I opened my quivering lips. "I didn't—"

   "Stop. Talking."