Trouble

(Harmony's POV)

Rule 1: DON'T PRESS RANDOM FREAKING BUTTONS WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DO. My GOSH, I could be stupid! And now, here we were, being attacked by creepy, living puppets. I could hear the Master and Alastiere fighting them off behind me. Meanwhile I was being overrun by a wave of them. I screamed as I swung at them with my wrench. They clung to my legs until I tripped over and fell on my butt, landing with an "Oof!"

They pulled at my hair and made a grab for my wrists. Panic was rising once again through my body. I whipped my hand at them, smacking two away. But then the ones behind me yanked hard on my hair. I let out a loud yelp and the wrench slipped from my right hand.

"Miss Harmony!" I heard Alastiere squeak somewhere behind me.

Suddenly several puppets went flying over my head, slamming into the control console. Someone came whooshing (yes whooshing) beside me and kicked aside about a half-dozen more puppets who were trying to cling to me. My head was jerked up because they were still grabbing at my hair, and there stood the Master, swinging at every puppet in sight with anger.

The puppets revolted on him and started jumping at him, clawing at his arms. He yelped and gritted his teeth. One grabbed his scarf and ended up falling back down beside me. Fueled by fear I grabbed the puppet and ripped it's head off before chucking it aside. It rolled over and over, then lay still, never to move again.

I squeaked in realization. "The heads!" I screamed at the Master and Alastiere. "Break their heads off!"

I pulled myself up grabbing at the puppets still clinging to my hair. "Get OFF! Get OFF!" I screamed as I whipped my head and pulled at them. Alastiere came up behind me and yanked one off. I shrieked. It had pulled VERY hard on my hair—I was pretty sure it had pulled a chunk out.

A few flames were beginning to build along the walls. I continued smacking at the puppets as Alastiere ran over to one side of the room to get the fire extinguisher. He sprayed frantically at the fire, a look of terror plastered to his face.

I realized then that the numbers of puppets flying at me were greatly diminished. Only a few now remained. Something caught my attention from the corner of my eye. I turned just as a puppet in a red colonial outfit and white wig threw itself at my face. I gasped and swung my arm so fast it sent the puppet flying right into Alastiere, before falling to the floor and breaking. Alastiere yelped in surprise, turning around and stomping his foot repeatedly on an already dead marionette.

Then there was silence. The fire was out, the puppets were dead, the only sound came from the three of us panting and an alarm blaring somewhere in the distance. With a bloody hand I wiped the sweat from my face. Peppercorn came flying out of nowhere a moment later, throwing herself onto a beheaded marionette and ripping it to shreds. My eyes glanced up to the other two—Alastiere was tightly gripping the fire extinguisher, his eyes darting about worriedly; and the Master was glaring at me. A chill ran through my body and my hair stood on end. Oh... crap.

The Master tilted his head up a bit, not bothering to wipe the blood from his face. He cleared his throat, then tossed a puppet head that he'd been holding. "Well, wasn't that fun," he said a little too calmly. He was walking toward me now. "You know I really don't understand how the Doctor can stand having a stupid, little companion around all the time. It really is exhausting."

I stepped backwards, my heart hammering out of fear.

"Now I would love to drop you off in the middle of nowhere and forget you ever existed, but I can't do that now."

He was inches away from me now, his eyes glaring down into the depths of my soul. It took everything within me to stand my ground.

Alastiere took a step toward us. "M-Master.."

The Master held a finger up toward the boy. "No, no," he continued calmly, "let me finish."

Then he tapped his finger on his mouth a moment. "You see, because, the only reason I don't strand you someplace to fend for yourself is that apparently you're special. And, of course, if the Director gets his hands on you it might just be game over." He was smiling now.

I swallowed.

"So, now I'm stuck with you. Isn't that BRILLIANT!" The Master raised his voice suddenly.

I jumped, and, to my dismay, let out a quiet squeak of fear.

He wasn't even trying to hide his anger now. "I'm BLOODY STUCK WITH YOU! You got my ship TORN TO BITS, you IDIOT!"

"M-Master, please calm down!" Alastiere pleaded in a quiet voice.

I suddenly felt my blood boil. Tears threatened to spill down my face, but I held them back. "Don't.. you.. DARE pin this on ME!" I heard myself shout. "YOU kidnapped ME! How DARE you act like I'm the one to blame here, you son of a... gggrrrrr!!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

Alastiere continued trying to be the peacemaker, but was failing badly. "P-please, you guys. Let's-let's calm down! We need to—"

"ALASTIERE," the Master shouted, turning to the boy, "just stop!"

But then he walked quickly toward the control console. He reached back, appearing to be trying some of the buttons. He looked up at me with a smile as none of the buttons responded. "Completely busted. Lovely!"

The man strutted angrily toward the doorway. "We're leaving. I'm setting this place to self destruct, so if you two don't want to die, I suggest you move your a**es."

I clenched my fists, trying to take a calming breath. Then suddenly remembering, "You ok, Alastiere?"

He nodded as we walked after the Master. His eyes were filled with concern. "Yeah, I'm ok, I think. You?"

I laughed. "Fine as a captive girl can be, who just got attacked by rabid puppets and then chewed out by him."

Alastiere bit his lip. "I'm so sorry."

I felt my eyes soften suddenly, and my shoulders relaxed. This poor boy really meant no harm. He'd just fallen into bad circumstances. I wondered worriedly if the Master had ever hurt him, or how he'd ended up in this situation in the first place. The next thing I knew, I was reaching for Alastiere's hand. I held it gently. His worried blue eyes shot up to look at me.

"It's not your fault," I said.

"Would you two get over here already?" The Master whined from a room at the end of the hall.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚ *'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・

We had all stepped onto a glowing platform. The Master whistled for his alien pug. Once she came running onto the platform beside him, he flicked his silver instrument and buzzed it at something, then everything went white. I gritted my teeth, holding tight to Alastiere's hand. With a snap everything cleared, and I sucked in a huge breath, realizing I hadn't been breathing for those few moments. Alastiere was holding his head, trying to steady himself. The Master, however, seemed unfazed. He simply sauntered off with his hands in his pockets. Peppercorn gave her head a quick shake before waddling after him.

We were surrounded by trees. We were in the middle of the woods, I supposed, but Lord knows WHERE. AND it was dark out. Great.

Alastiere and I followed after the Master once again, wondering where the heck we were going. It didn't take long, though, before we reached a clearing with a lovely house. The Master buzzed at the lock on the back door, then entered. I looked to Alastiere before we headed in after him.

I decided to open my big mouth. "W-we can't just break into someone's house like this," I hissed toward the Master. He shot me a look.

He tossed his jacket over a chair by the kitchen table. "For your information, this is my house. Now, go to your rooms, I need some peace and quiet." He rubbed his forehead and trudged into the connected living room, slumping onto the couch.

Well, I thought sarcastically, at least the house is nice.

Written by A.F.