Breathing's Torture

(Harmony's POV)

The Master's head went toward the sound of a creature being let loose.

   My hands wrapped around the Master's neck, pinning him to the floor.

   The Time Lord choked and tried to get out of my grasp.

   "I'm sorry," I said as my salty tears fell onto his face.

   He pulled at my fingers, gasping for air. "Let... go... Harmony," he barely managed.

   I looked up to the Director who was enjoying watching us battle. He smiled, and I started to feel less of the Master pulling at my hands.

   "Please, no! Stay with me, Master, please stay with me!" I cried, looking at the Master, who was starting to close his eyes.

   A final breath left the man, and I felt my hands tingle as I regained control.

   The Director started to clap. "Bravo, encore, well done!" He cheered.

   But my ears could not register his words. The needles fell from my limbs, and I lifted the Master's head and laid it on my lap, my lower lip quivering. "No, no, no. Come back, please, come back!" As I stared at the lifeless face of the Time Lord, I prayed this was not the end. But after a few minutes with no miracle, I wept softly.

   A sudden noise caught my ear. I could hear my sister saying, "We already checked that way."

   My broken heart felt hope for the first time in a while. But the Director pulled me away from the Master's side.

   "HELP, PLEASE!" I screamed, hoping they would hear me.

   The Director pulled me to a large room with a stage, yanking me up the steps. His lips went to my ear as the needles pierced my skin again. "Now for the final scene."

**********************************************

Unknown to me, the Doctor, Haven, Alastiere, and my sister did hear me. The group went to the small room I was previously in. When the Doctor spotted the Master's lifeless body, he stopped, unable to move, seeing the sight of his once friend lying there on the cold floor.

   Haven bumped into him when he made his sudden stop. "What? What is it?" she asked looking past his tall body.

   The Doctor knelt down, tears threatening to spill from his blue eyes.

   Alastiere, who had his hand that was holding Mari's, immediately let go. "Master!" The young Time Lord's voice shook as he rushed to his father figure's side.

   The Doctor pressed an ear to the man's chest. Both hearts were not beating.

   The redhead started shaking the Master frantically. "Wake up, Master." His voice came out like a child.

   "Alastiere, you need to move," the Doctor's tone was solemn.

   "What? No! What are you going to do?" Alastiere asked, his hand holding the limp hand of the Master.

   "MOVE!" The Doctor screamed at the boy.

   Mari hurried over to him, gently pulling him back.

   "No, no. What are you doing?" His words wavered.

   The Doctor shoved him into Mari's arms.