What Happened in the Kitchen

(Harmony's POV)

I sat in the kitchen, my head in my hands, my heart racing. The air from my lungs was coming out in breathless gasps.

   The Master grabbed a cup off the counter and filled it with water. He made his way over to me, kneeling to be at eye level. "Drink," he instructed.

   I nodded, grabbing the glass with trembling hands.

   "Harmony, calm down. We will find her."

    After I took a small sip, my voice trembled as I answered. "I can't lose her, Master! I just can't," I said as the water in my hand started to spill.

   He took it from my hand, setting it back on the table. "Just try to breathe. I'm going to go see if the Doctor thought of where that villain is hiding your sister."

   He started to stand to leave, but, before I could think, I grabbed his hand. My small hand gripping his large one tightly. "Wait, stay," was all I could utter as tears danced down my cheeks. I had a feeling of desperation. If he were to leave the room, I think I would crumble and not be able to rebuild myself to find my sister.

   His normal stern brown eyes softened, and he pulled out a chair to sit in front of me. Both of his hands held mine.

   I felt so scared, I started crying harder. Letting go of his hands, I tried to dry my eyes, but tears kept coming.

   The Master sat there looking lost on how to comfort me, his hands together at his temple. He stared at my shaking form.

   I felt like a fool as I cried harder in front of the Time Lord. I was unsure what he was feeling when he rolled his large eyes in what could be annoyance.

   He started to stand again. This time I was sure he was going to leave, but he took my hand gently from my face and pulled my hands to stand.  "Stand up," he ordered.

   I did as he said, unsure what his reasoning was. I really did not want to go in the living room and let the situation become more real. But suddenly his strong arms went around my small frame, and I melted in his embrace, not knowing how bad I needed a hug.

   "Relax. The Doctor is a moron, but he will figure this out. We'll all get your sister back." His words were oddly soothing, but I kept crying, finally feeling like I could fully release the sorrow I felt.

   The Master held me for a few minutes, his thumb rubbing my tattooed shoulder. "Now, you can't go around telling people I hugged you. It will destroy my image. Not to mention I convinced Alastiere I'm incapable of giving hugs."

   I giggled against his chest, my tears staining his shirt.

   We broke apart when we heard the Doctor yell out, "Master, can you come here?"

   The Master grumbled, and before going to the living room, looked back to me from the doorway. In an aggravated tone, loud enough for the rest of the room to hear, he said, "Pull yourself together."  But he was smiling, and I knew then that he was trying to save face with the others as he left the room.

   After a few minutes, I washed the cup of water the Master gave me and set it to dry. When I heard the sound of the Master groaning in annoyance.

   "I hate the Renaissance!" I heard him complaining.

   The door of the kitchen swung open and the Doctor kindly asked me to come in the living room, and that they had an idea where Marigold was being held.

   I walked in the room to see maps littering the floor, and Alastiere looking at me, concern behind his blue eyes. "Are you ok, Miss Harmony?"

   I nodded, sorry that I obviously worried him.

   The Doctor sat cross-legged on the floor, grabbing one of the many maps, studying it, then started scribbling away on another parchment.

   "You said you have an idea where he took Mari?" I said quietly.

   "Ah, yes. The Renaissance! That Director is so into the theatrics!" The Doctor mused as he glared at the map.

   "The riddle—he said she's regal and was the tallest, and towered over... Could that mean she's in a castle?" Haven said, looking from the scorched puppet in her hand to the Doctor.

   The Doctor bounced up from his spot on the ground and ran to Haven. "Bloody brilliant love!" he exclaimed, giving her the quickest kiss on the cheek. Then he began pacing, tapping his chin with that odd instrument he kept in his pocket. "Now, which tall castle would he be referring?" The Doctor was lost in thought.

   I glanced to see Haven sitting in silent shock, her face blushing a deep pink. Well that answered my question if she likes him.

   I smiled and sat next to her, giving her a mischievous smile. She shoved me, her face bright red.

   The Master looked to the two of us and scoffed at our giddy girly display.

   "Doctor! I think I have it! The largest castle is the Dover Castle in England at that time," Alastiere chirped. "It has some tall towers." He smiled up at the Doctor from his spot on the floor. "She could be in there."

   "Ahhh, you're a smart one, aren't you?" The Doctor cheered. "Didn't get that from the Master," he insulted under his breath.

   The Master groaned. "You know he's not my kid!"

   Alastiere just grinned. "He's just grumpy," he whispered to the Doctor, who giggled at his innocent response.

   "Ok, children, time to go!" The Master said.

   "Right, everyone in the Tardis," the Doctor ordered.

   We filed out of the house. I was still unsure what was going on, but followed the only people who seemed to have a clue as to how to get to the 16th century, and how to find my sister.

Written by L.D.