Knuckles The Echidna

"(y/n)?" Your best friend calls to you from downstairs.

Tonight was the night. Your best friend had set you up on a blind date, well them and Sonic had...

'I wonder what this guy is like?' You thought to yourself as you brushed your long/short (h/c) hair.

Looking into the mirror you give yourself a quick smile. You had your favourite dress on and some really pretty shoes. Your hair looked great and your makeup was beautiful. You looked perfect.

As you walked down the stairs your best fiend and Sonic were waiting at the bottom.

"Wow you look gorgeous (y/n)" your best friend smiles at you.

"I wish it was me who was taking you out (y/n)" Sonic winks at you as he smirks.

You blush a little at his words.

'He's so sweet'

"Knuc-"
Before he could finish what he was going to say, your best friend put her/his hand over Sonic's mouth

"Shusshhh Sonic..." they sternly look that him.

"Well (y/n)... you better get going..." your best fiend says as they get you out the door.

Slowly you start to walk off, as it was only a little walk to where you were meeting this 'mystery guy'

"And don't forget a jacket!" Sonic yells at you before running up to you and handing you your jacket.

"Thank you" you smile as you continue on with your walk.

---------------------------------
5 minutes later
---------------------------------

You arrive at the restaurant and wow, did it look fancy...

Slowly you make your way into the restaurant, it looked fancy from the outside but from the inside? It was like something you'd see in a castle.

'I hope this guy isn't a snob...' you think to yourself before being guided to your table by a waiter.

"Thank you..." you say to the waiter as you take your seat.

'Hmm... I wonder how long this guy will b-'

Your thought was cut off by a cute red echidna stood in front of you.

"Hello" he sweetly says, smiling quickly at you.

"I'm Knuckles" he takes his seat and holds his hand out, waiting for you to do the same.

"And you?" He tilts his head a little, still smiling a little at you.

"I'm (y/n)" you take his hand and smile back at him.

He shakes your hand a little before letting go.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you (y/n)... Sonic has told me quite a bit about you"

You giggle a little at what Knuckles had just said.

"What? That wasn't funny?" He asks you, in a confused tone.

"Well it wasn't that, I'm just a little worried about what he's told you" you giggle a little again as you finish your sentence.

"Oh don't worry, it's nothing bad (y/n), all he told me was that your a beautiful (y/a)" he smirks at you.

You blush a crimson red.

"Well thank you..." you nervously say.

'He's so sweet...'

---------------------------------
Half a hour later
-------------------------------

The two of you spent the rest of your time at the restaurant talking and laughing. Knuckles was a great guy.

'I have to remember to thank those two...' you think to yourself.

It was time for the two of you to leave, you had just finished your desert and it was getting late after all...

Knuckles pulled out your chair for you, he was such a gentleman, even though he was a little clumsy.

The two of you walk outside with each other.

The air was cold, but the moon was full and the stars above twinkled like a thousand Christmas tree lights.

"Thank you for tonight Knuckles" you smile as you look at him.

"It's my pleasure, (y/n), I'll have to thank Sonic..."

His eyes, his personality, his profile. Everything about him. You had fallen for him. Fallen for him hard.

After a few moments of silence, he looks at you, staring into your (e/c) eyes that sparkled under the moonlight.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Knuckles slightly blushes a light pink colour as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Of course, what is it Knuckles?" You smile, feeling heat rise in your cheeks. If he was blushing a light pink colour, it's obvious you were bright red.

Scarlet red.

"Well... I know this is quick but all of tonight I've felt like something was there..." he pauses, looking towards the ground.

You feel your heart starting to race. Was he really going to ask you what you thought he was going to ask?

"I, uh, I would love you to be mine, (y/n)... this is fast, I know but I don't want to let you go... so will you?"

He blushes even harder. His cheeks were crimson red.

"Oh yes Knuckles! I'd love to be yours!" You exclaim.

You quickly wrap your arms around him and he does the same to you.

You shared a sweet hug and slowly look at each other before sharing your first kiss under the moonlight and thousands of stars.

---------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed!

Thanks!

(As always)

- Sophie