Why me?

UNEDITED 

Everly POV: 

It was after school and I decided to go to the cafe near my house to do my homework, I come to this cafe often because I hate staying home by myself sometimes. I ordered my white mocha coffee and then took out all my homework to start working on them. As I was doing my work I saw Jackson and Zoe come in with their friends and I try to hide from them but that didn't work because they started to walk towards me. "Hey loser." Jackson said with a smirk. "Get up, this is our table." Zoe said pushing my papers to the ground. I just quickly put my things in backpack and literally ran out of the cafe. I hated that they always did this to me. Ughh, so i went home and continued my homework. I decided to make pasta for dinner and then I heard the doorbell ring. Who would come here at the time. I asked myself. I grabbed my pepper spray and went and looked at the peep hole. It was one of Jackson's friend. I slowly opened the door and said, "What are you doing here?" I asked quietly. "You forgot these papers at the cafe." He said handing me the papers. "Oh thank you." I said reaching for the papers but as soon as I almost reached the papers he dropped them and said "Sike you thought." and ran off laughing and I saw Jackson's car parked across the street he was also laughing too. I quickly closed the and ran upstairs to my room and just cried. Why do they treat me like this, I haven't even done anything to them before. I cried myself to sleep. The next day I did not feel like going to school after what happened yesterday but I still went anyways. 

I got to school and was putting my books away in my locker and all I remembered was my hand and the impact of the locker hitting my hand. "Owww." I said holding my hand. I ran to the nurses office and grabbed an ice pack. There were tears that were coming down my eyes and I can see that my hand was turning green and was swollen. I already knew who did this it was either Zoe or one of her minions. I walked home because the day had just gotten worst. When I home I saw that the kitchen lights were on so I tried sneaking in but he heard me. "Everly?? Are you home?" He said walking to the front door. "Yeah." I said not knowing what to do. "Why are you home?" He asked giving me a hug and kissing my forehead. "Umm- I wasn't feeling good." I lied and hiding my hand behind me. "No something else is wrong." He said looking for my other hand. "What happened??" He said trying to grab my hand. "Nothing." I said running upstairs to the bathroom. "Come back." I heard him say as I locked the bathroom door. I went into the cupboard to look for ointment. I am not going to school tomorrow either. I hated that place. I would tell my dad but he already has enough to worry about. After I put the ointment on my hand I went straight into my room and fell asleep. 

After 4 hours later I woke up to the sound of the lawn mowing, I look outside and my dad was cutting our grass. Other people around the neighborhood hire people to cut their grass but my dad always cuts his own grass, he said he didn't like how they "cut his grass". I went downstairs to get him a cup of water and went outside to hand it to him. "Hey look who's awake!" He said as soon as he saw me. "Yeah." I said with a smile. "What happened to your hand, why is it all green and swollen??" He said holding my hand. "Be careful." I said in pain. "Who did this??" He said with anger. "I don't know but somebody at school did this me." I said honestly and looking down. "Why? Have they been doing this? Are you getting bullied??" He asked me. "No." I lied. "We are going to the school to talk about this." He said walking into the house. "No, please Dad don't." I said running after him. "No I will not let this happen to my daughter." He said grabbing his keys and taking me to the car. "Dad, please let's not cause a scene." I said close to crying. He didn't say anything he just kept driving. We got to my school and he dragged me straight to the principal's office. 

"Oh good morning Dr. Swanson what brings you here today?" Mr. Peters, the principal said standing up. "Someone in this school did this to my daughter." my dad said showing Mr. Peters my swollen and green hand. "I am so sorry, why didn't you come to me." Mr. Peters asked me. I honestly didn't know what to answer so I just stayed quiet. "I am so sorry this happened to you I will fix this problem." Mr. Peters said with concern. "Okay, please do I don't want my daughter to go through this everyday." My dad said to Mr. Peters and we walked out of his office. Tonight I had to babysit for the Smiths so I asked my dad to drop me off. "Are you sure you can do that with your hand?" My dad asked me. "Yeah the kids that I'm babysitting are 8 and 10 years old, they do their own stuff and 

The next day I did not want to go to school at all but then I remembered that I had the SATs and that was very important for us juniors, so I had to go. Thank god it was Friday. It was lunch time and I was in the library looking at my planner and I totally forgot I had to babysit tonight. So after school I made my way over to that address. 

Next chapter will be up soon. Thanks for reading. Don't forget to follow me and vote for this chapter.