Promise?

UNEDITED 

Everly POV:

I've been home for about a couple of weeks now and I've been thinking about Jackson a lot, since the day I left and went back home I heard that him and Zoe have broken up because she cheated on him with Zach. I've seen Jackson at school but he always had his hood on and was just by himself. I didn't know if I should talk to him or not. I decided that today I was gonna talk to him after school. I couldn't see him in pain anymore. 

As soon as the bell rang I walked out of my 6th period and made my way to the boys locker room, because Jackson was gonna have a game that night and they met up in the locker room. So I sat at the bench and waited for Jackson to come, I sat there for about 10 minutes before I saw him coming so I stood up and was about to walk towards him but then Sarah ran and hugged him before I even got to him. Why did this make me sad, and heartbroken? Tears were forming in my eyes. Did he move on already? I just couldn't take it anymore so I just made my way home.  As soon as I got home I made my way to my room and thought to myself, what was I think about talking to him and making him feel better. Of course he has moved on already, everybody just waits for him and Zoe to break up so that they can get with him. 

I was in the middle of doing my homework when I heard the doorbell ring, I ran downstairs and opened the door and saw Jasmine. "Hi!" I said excitedly and hugged her tightly. "Hi Everly!!!!" She screamed. "What are you doing here?" I asked looking around. "This is for you." She said handing me a box. "What is it?" I said smiling. "Just open it when you get inside." She said and then made her way back to the car, which her mom was in there as well. 

I walked to my room and sat on my bed and placed the box on my bed, it was a white box with a red ribbon tied on top. I slowly opened it and I saw a note, it said 

To Everly, 

Please put this on and meet me at the park near your house tonight at 6. 

Jackson 

 Why was he doing this? I didn't want to be with someone who is a player. Should I go?  Wasn't he with just some other girl today, or was I just blind and saw that. I'll just see what all this is about.  I unfolded the tissue paper revealing a floral mini dress, it was really pretty. But I was not used to wearing these type of dresses, so I was really nervous. 

 I decided to put the dress on and put my hair half up and half down. I  looked at myself in the mirror for about 5 minutes and I don't know why I had so much butterflies in my stomach. I was scared I didn't look beautiful enough for him, everyone he ever dated was always beautiful. Was this all a trick? I was nervous, what if this was all a trick and when I get there it would just be Zoe and her people. I walked to the park very scared of what might happen. When I got there I saw him, Jackson sitting on the ground with a blanket with his back facing me. He had a basket filled with snacks and he looked very handsome. "Jackson?" I asked quietly. "You're here." He said standing up quickly and making his way towards me. "Hi, you look beautiful." He said with a smile. "Thanks." I replied with a smile. "Come, sit down." He said guiding me to sit next to him. "Why did you ask me to come here?" I asked sitting down and realizing that tonight was very chilly. "Here." He said putting his jacket around me. "I asked you to come here because I have something to tell you." "Wait, before you say anything I have to ask you something. Why was Sarah with you today after school?" I said shyly. "Silly, she's my cousin and she helped me plan all of this." He answered with a small chuckle. "Oh, sorry I even asked that." I said turning red. "It's okay." He said smiling. "Look, I wanted you to come here so that I can tell you something." He said holding my hands in his and making sure I was looking at him. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I can't help but tell you all these feelings I have for you over the past month. You have really changed me and I don't think I can continue in life if I don't make you mine." He said staring into my eyes. "Jackson, I'm glad you said these words, because lately you've been on my mind and I just can't erase you out of my head. It's like I'm missing something special." I said with a small smile. "I thought you were gonna reject me." He said pulling me into his arms. "I thought you were never gonna even like me?" I said with a small laugh. "Who wouldn't fall for someone as beautiful as you." He said cupping my face with both his hands. "Never doubt yourself like that." He said and then placed his soft lips on mines. He was soft and gentle, I just had my first kiss and it was the best. "You are so beautiful." He said resting his forehead on mines. "I promise that I will never break your heart." He said. "You promise." I said with a smile and putting my pinkie up. "I promise." He said linking his pinkie with mines. 

This is the end to this book. Thanks for reading this book, it means so much to me. I'm planning to write a new book so please coming to check when it will be up. Probably today or tomorrow. Don't forget to vote and follow me. 

word count: 1041