Twilight

UNEDITED

Jackson POV: 

I was at school and for some reason my eyes just kept wondering off to Everly, she looked so beautiful as the sunlight hit her face. I need to stop, she would never like you, a bully like you. I told myself. We were in Math class and I was looking down writing notes down while Zoe was trying to kiss me and get my attention, "Zoe, I need to focus. I'm already failing this class." I whispered to her. "It's okay." She said putting her hand on my thigh. "Stop Zoe. I'm serious." I said annoyed. "Whatever." She said madly and then turned the other way. I didn't care I really needed to pay attention in class more. At lunch Zoe was still mad at me so she didn't want to eat lunch with me so I made my way to the library cause I knew that's where Everly was. When I went in there she was sitting all the way in the back reading her book, no one else was in the library only a few other people. "Hey." I whispered walking towards her. "Hi." She replied softly. "What you reading?" I asked sitting across from her. "Oh nothing." She said closing her book. "What is it?" I asked with a smile. "It's called Twilight." She said embarrassed. "The one about the vampire and werewolf fighting for that one girl. What's her name?" I said. "Bella." We both said at the same time which made me and her giggle a little. "I actually really love the movies." I said looking into her beautiful brown eyes. "I do too." She said moving a piece of her hair behind her ear. "I'll be home after basketball practice and then can you help me study for the math exam this week?" I asked. "Yeah." She replied with a small smile. 

Basketball practice today was so tiring and I got a call from Zoe saying that her dad had came home drunk again and that she was scared, since her mom's sudden death her dad has become alcoholic and would beat her up and blame her. She felt safe around me and that's why she always tells me to go to her house. So I went over there and stayed with her until she fell asleep and it was about midnight when I finally went home. As I drove up the drive way I saw that the kitchen light was still on, why was it still on? I waked in and saw that Everly was in the kitchen, and was resting her head on her arms. I totally forgot that I asked her to help me study. How can I be so stupid?!?! I lightly shake her but she didn't wake up so I just carried her to her room and laid her gently onto her bed. "I'm sorry Everly." I said quietly as I closed her door. I went into Jasmine's room and she was peacefully sleeping I go and give her a kiss on the forehead and told her that I was also sorry, because I promised her that I would be home with them every night and I already broke that promise. UGH. I went to take a quick shower and then went to bed. 

The next morning I woke up and realized that I was late for school, school starts at 8:30 and it was 9:30. I quickly get dressed and went to school. It was still first period and it was math, when I went in there Mr. Farley said, "Take a seat Jackson." I quickly walk to my seat in the back where Zoe and my friends sat. In the middle of class my eyes went towards Everly again and today she looked sad for some reason. Again Zoe tried to get my attention again and she did get it today because she started kissing me and was saying stupid stuff that made me laugh. "Jackson and Zoe, would you guys like to take a trip to the principals office for disturbing my class." Mr. Farley said angrily. "Sure, give us a hall pass." Zoe said with a smirk,  and at the corner of my eye I saw Everly turn around and looked at me with disappointment and then turned back around. Why was I doing this, I need to get my act straight. 

It was lunch and to escape Zoe I told her that I needed to go talk to one of my teachers so that she wouldn't follow me. I lied, I was gonna go see Everly. I go to the library and she is sitting at the same spot as yesterday. Everly looked and saw that I was going towards her and she quickly stuffed her stuff in her backpack and was gonna run away from me. "Hey, where you going??" I asked blocking her from leaving. She didn't answer me. "Hey, Everly are you mad at me?" I said grabbing her arm. "Please tell me." I begged her. "Jackson, I'm not mad at you. I'm just disappointed that's all." She said trying to get out of my hold. "I know I'm sorry about yesterday, it's just Zoe-" I didn't get to finish talking and Everly said, "Zoe needed you. Yeah, what about Jasmine, your sister." She said with tears in her eyes. "I have to go." She said and walked out of the library. I hated myself. I let Everly down. And I let Jasmine down. How can I be so stupid....

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and add me. 

Word count: 933