Chapter 1: Rookie Struggles

My Name is Trinity Herrington, also known as Princess Trin, from Compton, California. I'm 18 years old and soon to be making my NXT debut at Full Sail Live right here in Orlando, Florida. I got this, time to show the world what I can do. Time to show what a 5'7 130 pound girl can do.

That was my mindset many many years ago before my first match on NXT. After a year of training in the Performance Center my man Triple H told me that it was time to make my debut. I was so nervous and excited and scared all at the same time. So my first night backstage at NXT, it was so much going on and seeing all the stars I watched every Wednesday night. I mean everybody from Mia Yim, Bianca Belair, the entire Undisputed Era and especially my guy ADAM COLE BAY BAY!

So many moving pieces and I was just lost so I went to go to the female locker room, and I felt so out of place. I was just around so many ladies that have been doing this for years some probably been doing this since I was in a crib. Just my luck nobody noticed me so I went to a empty part of the locker room and kept to myself. Then Rhea Ripley, the nightmare herself, came up to me and simply said "Oh you're my opponent tonight." with this evil looking smile in her face. At that moment I was more scared then anything, so to collect myself I decided to leave and venture around the arena and found myself bumping into Matt Riddle. He turns around and in true Matt Riddle fashion just goes "Bro" and gives me a fist bump. In a strange way that calmed me down and made me laugh a little.

Soon after the laughing stopped when I was told it was time to go out for my first every match on NXT. As my music starts playing I walk out and there I was on the stage in my black hoodie and black gloves, with my half black and half yellow hair, black kickpads over my shoes, my short jean shorts, and my black crop top and sleeve on my left arm with the word NXTRIN in yellow. As I'm walking down the entrance ramp the crowd was almost giving me golf claps as I finished my entrance. Next the words "THIS IS MY BRUTALITY" blasted throughout the arena and out came Rhea and the whole arena just erupted. I mean everybody was chanting her name, once the bell rung all I heard was "Rhea's gonna kill you. Rhea's gonna kill you." Rhea is bigger then I thought, we are close to the same height but she got more muscles then me. She just looked at me and laughed so I responded with a roundhouse kick to the head, she stumbled back to the ropes so I clotheslined her over the ropes then jumped over and hit a meteora. I rolled her back in the ring and hit a springboard shooting star press and got a 2 count. I waited for to get up and I was gonna go for my springboard poisonrana but Rhea caught me and german suplexed me. It went all downhill from there, she started throwing me around like a rag doll. She slammed me into the guardrail, bounced me off the steps tossed me back first into the turnbuckle pole, she was quite brutal. She rolled me back in and I kicked out at 2.

I managed to stay in the match by catching her with a quick knee to the stomach. Then a quick school boy and set her up for a superkick and I went for a quick cover and only got two, she rolled to the corner and I went hit the ropes and hit her with a facewash just like Dakota Kai would do. After that Rhea rolled and she was in perfect position for my phoenix splash or as I call it the Princess splash so I go for it and she moved I managed to roll through and turned right into a big boot then she grabbed me up and hit me with the Riptide and that was it she got the 3 count and I lost my first match. I got back behind the curtain and Rhea found me and gave me a hug and said I did great and she was being mean to me just to test me. I told her I can't wait to get back in the ring with her.

The following week my luck only got better I had to go against Shayna Baszler the NXT Women's Champion. I really wasn't feeling this one but it is what it is. I got to the arena and the first person I saw was Bianca Belair doing an interview and I was in shock I was close to fangirling out right then and there. I kept my composure and just had to act like I been there before, ok who am I kidding I dead sat there heard everything she said and even did the UN-DEA-FEAT-ED with her. I still was too scared to say anything but I had to regroup for Shayna.

This match didn't go as well as last week. I got a few kicks in but for the most part I was not ready for the queen of spades, she choked me out rather easily but was trying to make a statement and kept me in the clutch until I passed out.

Let's just move on to next week I got my ass kicked by Shayna nothing more needs to be said but the following week I was told I'm going one on one with Bianca Belair. I was so excited for this one, she's my freaking idol. Backstage I was happy smiling just in a great mood. Me vs Bianca this could be the best match of my career at least that's my mindset going in.

It was time for my match and when my music hit I got a few more people cheering for me I was starting to get a little fan support,but my little pop was nothing compared to Bianca when her music hit everybody was loud,cheering and singing her song. Well I mean I had to stop myself from dancing but I was humming her fire theme song. I was so so close to fangirling out but I had to act like I was ready to fight so I had to force myself not to smile.

Bell rung and Bianca was so aggressive she grabbed me and pushed me back to the corner with ease I didn't think she was that strong. She hit me with her shoulder tackles in the corner then whipped me to the other corner so hard I bounced off and she clotheslined me and went for a quick pin but I got out at one. She grabbed me up and whipped me but I reversed her and leap frogged over then threw a super kick but she caught it and spun me around and hit me with a drop kick. She tried to throw me over the top but I held on and caught her off guard with a springboard knee. I waited for her to get up and hit her in the leg then the stomach then a final roundhouse to head went for the cover and only got two. I kept up the pace and hit her with a standing moonsault and once again only got two. I went all the way up and waited for her to get back to her feet and I went for a crossbody. I thought I hit it but she caught me and rolled over and got on her feet while still carrying me, she dropped me with a military press followed by a moonsault off her own and got a two count.

We traded moves back and fourth for the next 7 or 8 minutes but she got me in the corner and charged in and I caught her with a quick kick and she stumbled back so I jumped up to the second rope and went for a moonsault tilt a whirl ddt and she hit me in the stomach with her hair (yes she hair whipped me it hurt like hell but I felt honored after the pain went away) and she got up and hit me with the K.O.D and got the 3 count. I was now 0-3 even though this one was Bianca still I lost my first 3 matches. Bianca gave me a look of satisfaction I guess she noticed some potential in me but I still lost, backstage she told me she would keep an eye on me and maybe we could have a takeover match one day. That meant the entire world to me but I had to focus and get a win in my next match.