WFL 4

She's been sitting in the living room for hours now, her eyes shifting from the TV to the large staircase as she waits for Taeyeon to appear. She can't even go the toilet peacefully, always rushing because she's afraid that she'd miss Taeyeon.

After yesterday's disaster of being caught red-handed while making an unpleasant comment about Taeyeon and the girl she brought home, she hasn't seen the brunette and thus hasn't had the chance to apologize.

Taeyeon practically locked herself in her room all day and only left the penthouse late at night, when Tiffany was already in bed.

Finally, right around lunch time, she hears the faint sound of a door opening and straightens up, expecting to see Taeyeon walking down the stairs soon.

Taeyeon finally appears wearing jeans, a sweater and a pair of white sneakers. She's wearing make-up too so it's obvious that she's about to go out.

Tiffany must therefore be fast.

When the woman reaches the first floor, Tiffany's already on her feet.

The brunette raises her eyebrows at the nervous-looking woman standing in the living room and asks, "Is something wrong?"

"N-no." Tiffany clears her throat and holds Taeyeon's gaze. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Yes?" Taeyeon stops to stand near the couch and watches as Tiffany cautiously approaches her.

"About yesterday," says the woman. "I'm sincerely sorry. It wasn't my place to judge or say anything about you or your friend. Not even as a joke. It was rude and inappropriate."

Taeyeon remains silent.

"Please accept my apology?"

"Is that all?" asks Taeyeon flatly.

Tiffany feels as if Taeyeon is still pissed so she is a bit wary of how the woman would act towards her from now on but maintains her composure, not showing her fear. "One more thing. I got a call for a job interview."

"You applied for a job?"

"No. They found out I resigned and wanted to discuss possible recruitment. Nothing's fixed yet."

"What company?"

"Neon Apparels."

"Very trendy brand."

Tiffany nods. "Can I go meet them?"

"Err... I... don't see why not?"

Taeyeon seems genuinely confused so Tiffany quickly tries to explain. "I don't want you to get the wrong idea about this. I mean, if you prefer that I don't get a job then I won't go."

"Your life is yours to live," says Taeyeon. "I know our situation isn't ideal and I'd advise against you crossing my parents but I'm cool with you getting a job. It's much better than sitting around doing nothing. It would be a waste of your skills."

Feeling relieved and happy, Tiffany unconsciously smiles. "Thank you!" she exclaims in all sincerity.

She doesn't realize the effect her smile has on Taeyeon whose eyes widen slightly at the sight of it.

"Is that all?" asks the brunette.

Tiffany nods. "That's all. Thanks for your time."

"No problem." Taeyeon starts walking towards the elevator but stops halfway and turns around. "Two things," she tells the girl who's sitting on the couch, looking at her. "One, I'm disappointed. You should've known by now that you're not my prisoner. Two, good luck and let me know the result of that interview."