WFL 14

Sunny quietly drinks her soda, watching her friend who's trying to eat while talking simultaneously, telling her about the movie she watched with Taeyeon yesterday.

She's been keeping a close eye on her best friend's blossoming relationship with the woman sitting across from her. Their friendship has really taken a turn for the better, much to her joy.

When she found out about Tiffany's parents being questioned by police followed by Taeyeon's update on her father's change of ultimatum, she thought that Taeyeon would just let Tiffany go and accept her fate. She can't help but feel relieved when that didn't happen. It means that Taeyeon still wants Tiffany around.

With Hyejin permanently out of the picture, for the past couple of months it seems that the two have been back to spending plenty of time together, going out to eat or watching movies.

She's been nagging Taeyeon to tell Tiffany the truth about her father's deadline, especially since the girl had accidentally found out about it thanks to Taeyeon's sleep talking. Taeyeon said she'd wait until Tiffany's ready although she wasn't sure when that would be.

Sunny is well aware of the fact that her best friend doesn't want Tiffany to feel more pressured but the truth is, deep down, Taeyeon is most afraid of the moment when Tiffany realizes that she's free to leave whenever she wants—and Sunny knows that Taeyeon would protect Tiffany even though it means losing her.

From Sunny's point of view, the sooner Tiffany knows, the better. Like pulling off a band-aid. It's better to do it fast because it will hurt only for a second instead of peeling it off slowly, prolonging the pain. She knows how much her best friend has grown attached to Tiffany, how she has fallen for her, and it's best to end it now before Taeyeon is in too deep. Plus, she also wants to test how Tiffany feels on the matter, whether she's had a change of heart towards Taeyeon after nine months of living together.

After Tiffany has finished telling her about the movie, she slowly changes the subject, randomly mentioning Taeyeon's old habit of talking in her sleep.

"Ah so she did that often?" asks Tiffany.

Sunny nods. "I think she still does it whenever she's stressed."

"I see," mumbles the brunette. "Wonder what it was about though, that one and a half years-..."

"It's her deadline," interjects Sunny. "But it's now closer to one year and... two months, more or less."

"Her deadline?" Tiffany raises eyebrows. "For what? Business project?"

Sunny shakes her head. "For her to marry you."

"W-wh-what?!"

Tiffany's loud voice can be heard in the entire restaurant, halting conversations and making heads turn in their direction.

"Sshh!" Sunny quickly puts her finger to her lips, telling her friend to lower her voice. She then apologizes to the other patrons of the restaurant. "Yah!" she hisses. "Keep your voice down!"

"I'm sorry!" says Tiffany who's still staring at her friend with wide, disbelieving eyes. "They gave her a deadline?!"

"Yes."

"What happens if she can't meet it?" asks Tiffany, suddenly fearing the worst.

"She is to step up and take the position she's been avoiding for her entire adult life," Sunny says. "They want her to replace her father."

"But that's awful! She doesn't even like her current job!"

"She told you that?"

"Ahjumma did but I could pretty much conclude the same thing from our conversations and her stories," Tiffany says. Then she lowers her voice and leans closer to her friend. "Ahjumma also told me that she could be stressed because of her father's recent health conditions which might be dangerous for her position in the family. I thought that she was sleep talking because of it."