WFL 30

Taeyeon coughs and slowly feels her consciousness returning.

She blinks, inhales and feels the remaining discomfort in her nasal passage and chest but it's not as bad as before.

Her head hurts, she realizes, furrowing her brows.

After a moment, she tries to move but finds that she can't because something is keeping her in place.

Tiffany notices Taeyeon waking up and softly calls out to her, "Taeyeon-ah..."

The brunette opens her eyes slowly at the sound of her name and sees a blurry face so she groans and closes her eyes again. The light is too bright for her to be able to see clearly.

At least it's warm and comfortable. Wait. Why is it warm?

A string of half-conscious thoughts hits her. Where am I? Who is that, calling my name? What happened?

The last thing she remembers is the strange yet warm, peaceful cocoon. The rest is unclear, like flashes of a bad dream.

She feels movements next to her and hears rustling sounds.

"Taeyeon-ah..."

That voice again. This familiar scent. Are those warm... hands? she thinks when she feels a touch on her skin.

Her mind is still jumbled, unable to recognize the person next to her or what that person's doing.

Then something wet and hot touches her face and lips, making her open her eyes. It's actually Tiffany giving her a peck on the lips while tears stream down her face, some touching Taeyeon's cheek.

Taeyeon finally knows what she's seeing: a pair of eyes staring at her.

Tiffany gently places her hand on Taeyeon's cheek to wipe it. "Taetae," she whispers, her voice cracking.

Unfortunately, it's still too much for Taeyeon to take in and she closes her eyes, falling asleep again.

—-

For the first time in months, Taeyeon wakes up feeling rested, as if she has slept for a long time without nightmares or restless thoughts about her life or Tiffany.

She huffs and takes a moment until she's fully awake, opening her eyes to see her room.

And then she feels it: the weight around her waist along with the presence of another person lying close to her. Her senses come alive and she becomes aware of the fact that there's an arm around her waist, belonging to the person who's hugging her from behind. She can feel that person's thigh and leg against the back of her own, and that person's warm breath subtly hitting the back of her neck.

Her eyes widen when she realizes that both their bodies are bare and her mind races, trying to make sense of the situation.

I didn't go to the club, did I? I'm pretty sure I went straight home. Alone. Then who-...

Before she can find the courage to look, she senses the other person stirring, withdrawing the arm from around her waist.

Quickly, Taeyeon moves away, clutching the blanket to cover herself.

"Taetae?"

She stops and turns around when she hears that voice and her nickname. That's when she sees her. That long black hair and the familiar rubbing of sleepy eyes...

I must be hallucinating, she thinks as she holds her breath in shock. The alcohol and depression have finally gotten to me. I'm officially going crazy. It's such a vivid hallucination though. It feels so real. So much better than any of my previous daydreams.