WFL 31 END

The middle-aged woman in the kitchen heaves a sigh of relief when she sees the brunette walking towards her.

Hojun called her early this morning, told her about what nearly happened last night and the woman panicked at the thought of losing the boss she has considered her own daughter.

But the bodyguard set her at ease, told her that Tiffany was back and that everything was under control. Taeyeon's blood test result came back okay, according to the doctor. She just needed to rest.

Ahjumma came to work early to cook a pot of healthy, warm stew for the two women but it has past noon and none of the two has made an appearance until now.

She rushes towards Taeyeon and hugs her, surprising the woman. "Are you okay?" she asks.

Taeyeon wraps her arms around Ahjumma and pats her back. "I'm alright, Ahjumma. Did Hojun tell you?"

The woman nods.

"It was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose."

Ahjumma releases Taeyeon and looks at her with glistening eyes. "Don't ever scare me like that again, you hear?"

"I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to do anything bad," apologizes Taeyeon, feeling guilty when she sees the expression on Ahjumma's face.

"Come on then. You need something warm and healthy," says the older woman as she releases Taeyeon and rushes into the kitchen to prepare the meal. "Where's Miyoung?"

"She's still asleep." Taeyeon takes a bottle of water from the fridge. "She had a very long and exhausting day yesterday," she says, sighing when she remembers what she had put the woman through. "She came here straight from the airport then she had to see me like that..."

Just then, they hear the faint sound of a door closing and soon, Tiffany appears, looking sleepy and tired.

Ahjumma rushes to hug her, making Tiffany chuckle, then rants about how worried she was, how sad it was to see Taeyeon alone again and how much she missed her. She also complains that there was no one to finish all her food.

"I've missed you too, Ahjumma," Tiffany says. "And your cooking."

"Don't leave her again, please?" whispers the older woman. "She needs you."

"Ahjumma..." whines Taeyeon, having heard the woman's words.

"I won't," says Tiffany as she withdraws her arms. "I need her too."

That makes Taeyeon smile and when Tiffany has taken a seat next to her, she places her hand on the small of the woman's back and kisses her cheek. "Eat a lot," she tells her. "I'm skipping work today."

"Good. Let's go get yummy dessert later after I unpack."

"I'll do it for you," Ahjumma suddenly remarks. "You need to rest."

"I'll be fine, Ahjumma. But you're welcome to help," Tiffany tells the woman.

"I'll just watch," mumbles Taeyeon as she puts more food into her mouth, hiding her happy smile. It feels undeniably good to have her lover back and she silently watches her talk to Ahjumma, reveling in the voice and the smile she has missed so much.

"You've been quiet," remarks Tiffany after they've finished their meal. Ahjumma is upstairs, cleaning up Taeyeon's messy bathroom.

"I'm enjoying your return while I still can," Taeyeon says teasingly, grabbing Tiffany by the waist as the woman walks past her seat, having placed their dirty dishes in the dishwasher. "Before you start to get annoying again."