WFL 19

"So how is she really holding up?" Sunny asks the woman standing next to her who is sipping on a cup of coffee.

They just came back from the chef's funeral and are now at his family home, where Taeyeon is talking to his wife and other restaurant staff members.

"Still having nightmares," mumbles Tiffany. "But overall? Not that bad, I must say."

"Nightmares, huh. Is that why you have those huge bags under your eyes? You've been her nightshift nurse?"

Tiffany hums and sips her coffee again.

"No wonder she's been keeping me away," Sunny says with a smirk. "She got herself a pretty nurse, I see."

Tiffany rolls her eyes. "You know why she kept you away. I just happened to live in the same house. Otherwise, I'm sure she wouldn't have let me come near her either."

It's true that Taeyeon has been avoiding contact with people close to her, afraid that they would suffer the same fate as the chef because of their connection to her. She knows that it sounds paranoid but until the misunderstanding is cleared between the two families, she prefers to play it safe.

For the chef's funeral, she has arranged for the best security and banned her family members from attending out of respect and safety for the chef's family.

"How does the official status feel? You're almost at the 100-day mark, you know."

"Is this an interrogation?" asks Tiffany with a not-amused expression on her face.

"I'm just asking," Sunny says, amused by Tiffany's sudden irritation. "You're being sensitive. You need to get some sleep."

"I'll do that later."

"I still want an answer though. Have you kissed?"

"Why do you need to know?"

"I care about my best friend so if you think that you can't do this then let her down gently but quickly."

"I don't play with people's hearts," states Tiffany matter-of-factly.

"I'm just being honest with you," Sunny replies, still in a calm, non-offensive tone. "You know that I ship you two."

That makes Tiffany snort. "You ship us? Are we celebrities now?"

"I will ship whoever I think are worth shipping. They don't have to be celebrities," says Sunny.

There's a pause as they quietly observe the other people in the room.

Tiffany straightens up, places her coffee cup on a nearby table and steps closer to Sunny. "You were right."

Sunny looks at her friend and raises her eyebrows. "About?"

"Kissing a girl is better than kissing a boy," says Tiffany in a low voice, nearly whispering. Her cheeks turn red but she keeps her cool.

A huge grin starts to spread on Sunny's face and she almost lets out a happy shout but she remembers where they are and quickly controls her expression, turning around to face the wall as she clears her throat and tries to look somber and serious again.

When she has regained her composure, she looks at her friend and smirks, "I see. It was that good, huh?"

"We haven't done anything. It wasn't like... you know... we didn't make out or anything," mumbles Tiffany. "It was sweet. She's a good kisser."

"She should be. She had all those girls to practice with."

Tiffany sulks. "Thanks for the reminder," she sarcastically says.