WFL 16

Taeyeon has just stepped inside the penthouse when she hears the sound of a door being slammed, making her jump, nearly dropping her phone.

"What the heck..." she walks briskly towards Tiffany's room and knocks on the door. "Fany?"

"What?" comes the very annoyed voice from inside the room.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!"

From the look of things, Tiffany has just come home and it's pretty unusual for her to come home this late. Since they both decided that they were not just friends anymore, both have been trying to get home on time so that they can spend time together. Today was an exception for Taeyeon because she had a very long meeting with investors of her latest project. The overseas restaurant isn't doing as well as expected and even though it's too early to tell whether it would fail, they are not very happy with it and she tried her best to show them what she's doing to turn things around. She has told Tiffany that she'd be home late and the woman only replied with a short "OK". That was when Taeyeon knew that Tiffany was also having a busy day.

Taeyeon opens the door and peeks. "I don't think you are," she says when she sees the woman tidying up the room while frowning and sulking.

Tiffany glances at her and continues tidying up without saying anything.

"Care to share?" Taeyeon walks inside and sits down on the bed, watching Tiffany going to and fro, half in fascination and half in amusement—because despite her anger, the woman is surprisingly doing very well in tidying up and she strangely finds angry Tiffany quite cute.

When Tiffany's done, she huffs, turns around and sees Taeyeon looking at her with a small smile on her face. "What? Are you laughing at me?"

Taeyeon pats the space next to her. "Come here."

Tiffany huffs, plops down beside Taeyeon and immediately, Taeyeon's arm goes around her, pulling her.

"I'm not laughing at you," Taeyeon says as she hugs the other woman and places a kiss on her temple. "I just found you cute."

Tiffany sighs and closes her eyes, her irritation subsiding the moment she feels Taeyeon's kiss.

Although they haven't gone further than hugging or holding hands, Taeyeon would sometimes kiss her hair or temple and Tiffany lets her because she secretly likes it.

"What happened?"

"Bitchy boss stole my idea again," says Tiffany. "Not the first time it happened but this time it was in front of the CEO. She made me look so useless, like I'm just another brainless pretty face. The CEO looked disappointed that I didn't contribute. I did! It was my idea! That bitch!" She sighs again. "I feel like quitting. It's not worth it. She keeps belittling me and stealing my ideas..."

"My job offer still stands, you know."

Tiffany moves back, straightening up. "I'll think about it. I don't like mixing business with personal matters."

"I'll leave it up to you. Just know that there's always a job for you within my company and it will have nothing to do with my parents' business."

Tiffany pats Taeyeon's cheek tenderly. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Want me to send Hojun to bitchy boss' place and scare her?"

Tiffany finally smiles, shaking her head. "Nah. She'll get her karma soon enough." She fixes Taeyeon's bangs and asks, "How was your day?"

"Better than yours, that's for sure," says Taeyeon. "I'll tell you over dinner. I bet you haven't eaten anything. Come on." She stands up, pulls Tiffany by the hand and leads her out of the room.