WFL 5

Taeyeon is reviewing her notes in the car when she senses someone watching her and looks up to see Hojun staring at her. "What?" she asks.

"Nothing," says the man in black suit.

She locks the tablet and puts it in her bag. "What is it?"

"It's none of my business."

"Suddenly you're considerate?" she retorts, being used to the nosier side of the man. He's been with her since she was in college and she trusts him with her life because he has proven himself loyal and trustworthy many times. He even took a bullet for her when one of her father's rivals went crazy with vengeance. So it's no surprise that she lets him speak his mind freely. She considers him a big brother and a friend, not just an employee.

"Haven't seen you like this in a while," he says.

"Like what?"

"A normal human being. Well, almost," he grins for a second then turns serious again. "Smaller eye bags. Fresher face."

"Wow. Yoo Hojun. Never knew that you're into skin care and beauty," teases Taeyeon.

"Stay home more often. You can see the difference instantly."

She shakes her head at him and looks out the window. It's true that she always feels better, more rested, when she stays home but the need to let loose, to temporarily forget the loneliness, is greater than the will to rest. Clubbing and drinking silence the thoughts and fears that constantly taunt her; and having one of the girls with her even only for a few hours, suppresses the craving for companionship.

Her meeting with the board members that morning ends well and there's news that one of her restaurants has received a glorious review. She's in a super good mood because the day is shaping up to be a good one but unfortunately, her joy is short-lived because Hojun suddenly walks inside her office shortly after lunchtime, looking grim.

She quickly dismisses her assistant and tells the woman to close the door before she addresses the tall bodyguard. "What's going on?"

"There's a very angry man in the lobby. He claims that he's Miss Tiffany's fiancé and he wants to see you."

That surprises her but she keeps her calm and tells him to bring the man to her.

"Here? Are you sure? He's going to cause a scene," he says.

"It's alright. As long as you and Jangyop are here, I don't think he'll go too crazy."

"If you say so."

Hojun leaves the room and ten minutes later, he and his colleague Jangyop return with a man Taeyeon recognizes from Tiffany's Instagram posts.

"Good afternoon," she greets him politely and extends her hand.

The man clenches his jaws, glares at her and doesn't shake the hand offered to him.

Taeyeon drops her hand then gestures for him to take a seat as she sits down on her chair.

"Where is she?! What have you done to her!?" the man shouts in anger.

The brunette raises her eyebrows, surprised by the questions. "I'm not sure where she is. She could be at home or out to lunch with her friends," she says in a composed tone, finding this man more amusing than threatening. "I haven't done anything to her. Feel free to call her and ask her yourself."

Taeyeon's calm reply seems to have caught the man off guard. He struggles to come up with a reply before blurting out, "Who the hell do you think you are? What gives you the right to screw other people and mess with their lives?"