Chapter 8

[Witheredsoul's POV]

As the day passed by quickly, I knew that the apprentices had one day left to decide. I gave them to the end of the gathering to decide, but I knew Tinystar was waiting for something to happen as well. She had been on edge ever since I got my nine lives, and I felt like she secretly knew I had them. 

Cricket had also been helping me learn about the other clans a lot. He informed me that TideClan and MapleClan would be at war soon, while LilyClan had not been able to do much in terms of rebelling yet. He had become a great help, and a lovely companion for me to walk around with when he was there. I knew he would be at the gathering, slinking through the cats trying to find out more secrets and who could be trusted. 

We would be only around two moons away after this gathering. It was scary to think about how little time we had until this rebellion went into full action. I needed to get more clans on my side, and we also needed to take out Maskedstar. He could cause a lot of problems if we let him live for too long, but his deputy was not much better. 

I headed out into the forest, keeping my ears perked to see if I could hear the tom around. "Cricket, I have a new mission for you." I whispered out into the darkness. The day had passed a lot quicker than I had thought it would, but I didn't mind. It just meant this rebellion was closer to happening, and I already had an idea on how to save all of us. 

The branches creaked for a split second, and I noticed the dark brown tom lounging in them. "What is it that you need to request from me now?" He drawled out sarcastically, but I could hear the slight purr in his voice. 

"I need you to look into SmallClan a bit more. See which warrior is the most likely to side with us. Maskedstar and his deputy will only try to keep the Dark Forest here, so we need to take them out." 

I could see that it piqued his interest as he slowly lifted himself off the branch. He shined his claws, brushing them up against the branch. "I can always take them out if you need me to." He gripped the branch, letting his claws slowly sink into the wood. 

I shook my head. He could easily do it, but this was a mission for all of us. We had to be the ones to take out Maskedstar, just like I had to be the one to get rid of Tinystar. The prophecy had foretold that I would be the one to take her out, but it still hurt me to think about her dying. There had to be some twist in the prophecy so that she did not actually have to die. I would find it out.