Chapter 17

[Tinystar's POV]

I wanted to redo my life, but I was stuck now. I had the power to control the Dark Forest, and someone had to control them. I had already wasted so much of my life, I had no choice but to continue on my path now. No one would trust me if I suddenly changed, no matter how much I wanted to. I was stuck being the evil tyrant who controlled the Dark Forest, so I might as well embrace it. 

Acornpaw was right, if I were to have killed Brokenpaw, then I should do the same with Twistedkit, but we needed warriors. I needed warriors that I could train to be just as evil as me. If something happened to Acornpaw, or she continued on this path of rebelling against me, I would need someone to take over after I leave. I still did not trust Witheredsoul completely, but I wanted to. He had always been there for me. 

Darkfeather entered my den and laid next to me. I had been stuck with him since I killed Aquaclaw. I truly felt nothing toward the Dark Forest warrior, but he clearly loved me. I didn't fancy on hurting him when I could just use him. He was my mate, and I was still young. If I wanted to, I could always have another litter of kits. 

Mother had always said we had been miracles, but she had two litters with Metalclaw. We couldn't be that much of miracles. I should be able to have a litter with Darkfeather if I tried as well. As I looked at him, I didn't want to talk to him. he laid peacefully next to me, just content to be around. 

I wondered how he had ended up in the Dark Forest. He had always seemed like a soft soul, but his father had done some stuff. It was the way he acted, how he just gave a simple nod to my desire for power. It was almost like he understood the hunger I had to show them that I could be the best. His son, I still had no clue what he had done, and I felt like I would never know. 

I rested my head against his side. I wouldn't ask him what he did to deserve a life in the Dark Forest, but I felt like he should be free one day. He didn't deserve to be related to such evil, but he also pushed me to kill several cats. He had pushed me to take over the clans. There was more to him than what he was letting on, and he had done an excellent job at hiding what he did. 

I knew Darkfeather had been only ten moons old when he had died. He had since aged slowly, almost like how Rottenmask had done. Now, my mate seemed around the age of eighteen moons, but I knew he was truly older than that. I would find out what he did, and maybe one day set him free from it.