Chapter 10

[Coalpaw's POV]

I headed to the gathering with my brother and Foxpaw. We bounced with excitement to see the other cats, but we all feared what would happen at the gathering. Venomstar had been very unpredictable recently, and with TideClan also going to be there, I could only imagine what could possibly happen. 

As we got pushed all the large trees that circled the place, there were already so many cats in the clearing waiting on us. I looked around with wide eyes, almost bouncing with excitement. I looked up to the large tree in the middle, spotting only four out of the six leaders. Venomstar made five, but we were still missing one of the leaders. 

"Go and mingle, I am sure you can find some other apprentices to talk to." Cherrywisp nudged me along. I looked at my brother and Foxpaw. We were free from our clan for a bit! 

"Come on, I think I see some cats that look to be around our age this way." Foxpaw purred as he bounded over to a small group of six cats. 

I followed our red furred friend over to the group, and stopped just before all of them. They looked up to us, one of them with a large grin. 

"Hey there, I am Yellowpaw! I'm from TideClan, and these are my siblings, Ravenpaw and Vixenpaw!" The cream colored tom said with enough enthusiasm to shake a tree. He nudged a black tom, and a cream and red shecat next to him. I gave them each a nod respectfully. 

"I'm Coalpaw, and this is Sleekpaw, my brother. This is also Foxpaw. We are all from MapleClan." I said, looking at the three carefully. I knew they were from the clan we would be at war with soon, but I honestly did not want to fight. I wanted to be able to have friends in other clans. 

Looking at them, none of them had a huge reaction about us being from MapleClan. Vixenpaw mainly stepped forward with a purr. "MapleClan, eh? Well then, at least our clans are close." She gave a large grin at each of us. 

Before I could say anything, a dark grey tom spoke up. "I'm Jaypaw. This is my brother, Zebrapaw, and our sister Brokenpaw." He almost gave a roll of his eyes when he looked at the female next to him. I felt bad for the smaller shecat. 

"Nice to meet all of you. Do any of you know what clan we are waiting on?" My brother spoke up. I looked around to try to figure out who we might be missing. As I looked around, I noticed a small cat leading a bunch of other warriors and such into the clearing. 

Tinystar looked smaller than I would have thought. She was somehow this large tyrant, but she was not much bigger than any of us. It surprised me how easily she had been able to control the clans, when she was so tiny. I did see four apprentices split off from her clan and come over toward us.