7

"C. Langston?" The Uber driver pulled up, rolling down his window. I nodded as I stepped into the car, buckling up and sitting back.

I felt so bad about everything that happened tonight. I should've just let him do whatever, I should have never stopped him! Now he really isn't gonna fuck with me anymore.

I just didn't want to make the same mistake I made with Qaron, or any other guy I've been with. I also didn't wanna make it seem like I wasn't interested in Twan or anything, I just wanted to take things slow. Besides, sex doesn't do anything but completely ruin relationships. So waiting was the best thing to do.

215-062-3799: 𝘺𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘧. 215-062-3799: 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦 ?
215-062-3799: 𝘢𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘰 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘳.

Damn! Now here he go blowing up my phone. I did say I was gonna come over, but I thought about everything Trayceon had told me. And the only thing Qaron wanted me to come over to do was fuck. I wasn't having that anymore. I made a promise to my best friend, and I made a promise to myself.

"Alright, C. Langford. You've arrived at your destination." The Uber driver said, causing me to snap out of it and step out the car, walking into my home.

Before I could even walk pass my momma door, I heard her loud behind snoring like she worked 3 jobs or something. I missed her so much, she's always in and out of town because my great granny is sick in the hospital. I never bother her because I know she's probably stressed out over that. So I try to stay out of her way and respect her wishes.
-
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜:

I hopped out of my bed, sliding on my furry dinosaur claw house slippers and my robe. I could smell my momma downstairs in the kitchen making breakfast. I loved when she was home, she always kept it smelling good around here. "Good mornin' baby!" She smiled up at me while at the stove, flipping pancakes and shaking her butt to gospel. "Morning momma." I smiled while sitting at the island in the kitchen. "Really momma? You shaking your behind to the Lords music?" She turned to me and rolled her eyes, causing me to cover my face and chuckle quietly. "He the one that gave it to me. Now, he the one that's gon' have to deals with it." She nagged while turning the fire on low, and coming over to the island to sit beside me.

"What's been going on with you tot?" Momma asked. "Momma, you know I hate when you call me that." I smiled, nervously. "Awe baby, you gon' always be my little tot. And I swear before Jesus if you had any of them nasty lil boys in my house while I was gone!" She hollered out, causing me to laugh. "Ma, I didn't have anybody here. Just Imani and Trayceon." I promised her. "Your glowing girl, let me find out!" Momma said.

My mom truly was my best friend, I told her everything. I really wanted to tell her about Antwan but all she had to do was ask his age and that would've ruined the whole conversation. Plus, we hadn't talked since last night. He usually calls me every morning and it was damn near 11 o'clock, so he must've been still upset about last night. "Tot! Girl, you always thinking and zoning out." My momma called out, catching my attention. "My bad momma, I was just thinking about this paper I had to do this week for my finance class." I said, obviously lying right through my teeth. "Mhm, well after breakfast we'll taking a trip to the supermarket. I need to get food for dinner tonight. Your aunty Carla coming over with all your cousins." I nodded, "okay, cool!"
-

𝙇𝙚𝙨𝙡𝙞𝙚'𝙨 (𝙈𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙖) 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

After breakfast, I stayed in the kitchen cleaning up all the dishes, wiping down the counters and sweeping my floors. "Chanelle, hurry up child!" I sat the broom against the wall, grabbing my keys and purse as I made my way outside to my car. My baby, Chanelle, came rushing out the door closing it behind us. "You always finding the tightest peice of clothing in that closet. Trying to show off, don't start smelling yourself girl." I said to her, watching her get in the car. "Momma, I'm wearing a pair of sweatpants and a baggy behind t-shirt. I'm not showing off." She answered. "Mmhmm!" I rolled my eyes, smirking while pulling off, driving to the supermarket.

"Ain't never no damn parking spots out here, no matter what time of day it is. Hell, I'm parking in a handicap spot. I don't care about no ticket today." I parked, stepping out the car and walking into the market, grabbing a cart. "Baby do me a favor please." I turned towards my baby. "Yeah ma?".
"Get 1 gallon of milk from over there, and 4 blocks of that yellow cheese I usually get." I pointed to the diary section of the market, watching her do as I said.

"Leslie? Leslie Davis?" I heard a man call from a distance. "Antwan!" I smiled, approaching him with open arms for a hug. "Damn! It's been a while!" He laughed out. "Still that same loud behind laugh I see. " I hugged him for a hot second then broke the hug. "Of course, it's become my signature now!" He joked. "Your still looking good though, I see!". "Oh I do, don't I? Thank you." I spun in a circle, giving him a full 360 while laughing. "Here momma, they had a sale going on. So I just got 6 blocks of chee- Twan...?"
-
"Cheese, cheese, cheese? Where's the cheese?" I asked myself. Me and my momma had to hit the supermarket real quick. She was cooking dinner tonight because my aunt and all her little evil kids were coming over.

I heard the most cutest little laugh that sounded so familiar. Kind of like Brielles, Twan's daughter. But I paid it no attention, maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me.

I grabbed up the cheese and the milk, making my way over to my momma and the cart. She was over there running her mouth to someone, like always. I dropped the stuff in the cart. "Here momma, they had a sale going on. So I just got 6 blocks of chee- Twan...?"

Oh my God! What was he doing here, talking to my mom? My stomach knotted up and my heart fell into my ass. "Y'all know each other?" Momma asked. "Yeah, this my gir-"... "No!" I cut Twan off before he could finish speaking. "Well yeah, he was my math tutor." I smiled at him then at my mom. "Well I'll see you around Leslie, it was nice seeing you again." Twan said while pulling my mom in for another hug, he looked at me and gave me a confused look, "I'll call you later, I promise!" I whispered to him.