27

"Trayceon, stoppp!" Mani yelled at me while pulling me into her arms. "No! Get off me. He killed my brother! My only fucking brother Imani! Get the fuck off me!" I cried while snatching away and storming down the street.

I didn't know where I was going, I just needed to get away. I should've stabbed him and watched him bleed out right on that hospital floor. That's what he deserved. He deserved to die! A slow and painful death.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out my phone and calling up my momma.

This was going to hurt her but we were going to get his ass either hurt or killed and that was on Ron's grave.

"Ma! Mama! I know who killed Ron! I know who did it mama!" I cried into the phone after hearing her began crying. "Oh Lord! Trayceon, baby, are you sure?" She cried and sniffled into the phone while trying to speak clear.
"Yes ma'am, I'm sure mama! It was a man named Antwan Kean. Chanelle's boyfriend. He's evil mama! He ain't right!" I cried out. "We'll talk when you get back in baby. Don't do nothing Jesus wouldn't do. I love you." She said before ending the call.
-
Me and mama sat anxiously in the lobby of the police department. I don't even know why she dragged me here, I told her I'll handle everything. I didn't fuck with the cops and I damn sure wasn't a snitch. But I was my brother's keeper and I did want justice for him.

"Sharese and Trayceon Baker..?" The officer came from the back and signaled for us to follow behind.

They put me and my mama in this interrogation room with a homicide detective and some sort of doctor who helped crazy people and could determine if your lying or not. I pulled mamas seat out, waiting for her to sit while not taking my eyes off the doctor.

Why the hell was he even here? They must've thought I was a liar or some shit. I didn't like that.

I sat down next to my mama and rolled my eyes at the both of them as they say across from us.

"Go ahead baby, tell them what you told me earlier over the phone. Go ahead!" Mama said as she held my hand in hers. "Ma, I told I would handle it! Why are we here?" I whispered into her ear. "Baby, you have to do this for your brother. If you know who did it then tell these people so they can do their job!" She said while wiping the lonely tear from her eye. I took a deep breath and looked at the detective. "Antwan Kean. That's the man who kill Qa'ron. I'm not saying anything else."
-
I laid in my bed, staring at the walls.

My brother could've still been here. A small part of me wanted to blame all of this on Chanelle but I'm sure she didn't know. She couldn't of knew, and if she did that would've been crazy to me. Your still with the man that killed one of your close friends? Yeah, nahh!

But I couldn't let Antwan get away with this. This wasn't something small like him calling me a sissy or a faggot, this was my brothers life he took away.

I reached into my pocket, ringing up Kev and a couple of Ron's other boys.

Kevin said he'll handle everything and that he would text me when it was time. I had no idea what he had in mind but I hope it wasn't too bad, I didn't want to be involved with a murder. Mama would be so hurt, one son dead and another one possibly doing life in prison. I couldn't do that to her. I was her last hope.

A few hours later I got a text from Kevin, saying he was on his way to come get me. It was pretty scary because when he came to get me it was a van full of niggas dressed in all black. I could hear something moving around and whimpering from inside of the trunk, I was hoping it wasn't who I thought it was. We pulled into this dark alleyway behind the club that Ron use to work at. Kevin told me to stay in the car while him and the rest of the boys got out. They pulled Antwan out of the trunk causing me to shake my head. It looks like they've already beaten him up pretty badly so I wondered what was next.

I looked out the window watching Kev and all the rest of the boys stomping him out. It was sicken and I hated seeing this type of stuff happen to people even when it's well deserved. I was sick to my stomach. Soon after, Kev tapped on the window, signaling for me to get out.

"Don't you wanna get you some lil bro?" Kev laughed while we watched the others continue to beat up Antwan. I nodded. "No, I'm good." I mumbled and shook my head.

After they finished beating him up, he looked even worst. Mouth full of blood, face knotted up, lip busted.

Me and Kevin moved closer, looking over Antwan as he begged and pleaded trying to scoot away.

"Here little bro, do us the honor!" Kev smirked and pulled the gun from his back pocket, placing it in my hand. I looked over at him, down at Antwan then at the gun in my hand. "Do that shit nigga! Do it for Q." The guys egged me on while Antwan still begged me not to. I moved closer to him, aiming the gun at his head, cocking it back. I was starting to feel bad, I wasn't myself.

"Baby Bruh? Man, drop that shit. This man ain't worth your freedom." I had heard Qaron say. "But he killed you..." I said with tears overloading my eyes. "Aight, so you do this shit then what? Cause ain't no way in hell your gonna be a free man after you pull the damn trigger." He said to me. When I finally turned around toward him, he was all lit up and clean. He was dressed in all white like how he was in his casket. He looked happy and healthy, which was enough to make me smile. "Don't do that shit little bro. And besides I need you to watch over my step child." He laughed. "I got you Ron, don't worry." I smiled while watching him disappear into the wind.

When I came back to, all the guys were yelling at me and demanding that I pulled the trigger. I couldn't do it. "Do that shit nigga!" Kevin yelled at me. I didn't like being yelled at, and he knew that. I took one last look at Antwan, throwing the gun on the ground beside him and got back into the van.