30

The morning after, I woke up to the feeling of my jaw throbbing like hell! I already knew what it was from so I didn't even pay it any mind.

I looked over at Twan, he was out like a light. I could've ran out of the house right then and there but I honestly didn't have the energy to get my ass beat up again. I couldn't lay next to him any longer than I already had been so I got up and went to cook breakfast.

"Good morning Zee!" I smile as I saw Zaire in the kitchen, over at the sink washing the dirty dishes.

"Morning Cee, what upppp!" He replied, sounding just like his crazy ass daddy.

"Nothing much, you feel like helping me cook?" I asked while taking the dozen eggs out of the fridge along with some cheese and bacon.

"Sure, I'll help." He answered while getting some pans from drainer. "Can I make the eggs? I don't know if my pops told you or not but my eggs are definitely the best in Philly. Without a doubt." Zaire smiled while popping his imaginary collar, causing me to crack up.

"You something else little boy! But yes, you can make the eggs. And if they so good why you not working at IHOP or something?" I laughed out loudly before asking.

"I'm a undercover chef. Besides, it's better that way. I like to lay low, you feel me?" He said while cracking a couple of the eggs into a bowl.

"Mhm, if you say so." I smiled while watching him before turning the oven on, preheating it.

"Cee?"... "Yes." I answered him.

"Did my dad hit you? Your face looks a little swollen." He asked.

I hadn't even noticed my face was all swollen up. Or maybe I did, but was just so use to it that I didn't pay it any mind.

"No, I had a allergic reaction a couple days ago. The swelling is just going down." I looked at him and smiled.

"I ain't stupid Cee, I be hearing him. I hear all the messed up stuff he says to you. I hear how he hits you and push you around. My rooms right across the hall. I hear everything Cee!" Zaire said.

"No Zee. You have it all wrong. We just doing grown up things that's all. Your dad has never put his hands on me, not even once." I said.

"Well I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He use to hit our mom all the time, and all of his other girlfriends too. I just don't want you to end up like them. Me, Cari and Bri love you. I only want what's best for you and my dad just isn't that." He said.

"I'm not what?" Twan asked, walking in the kitchen and grabbing himself a bottle of water out of the refrigerator.

"Nothing pops, I was just telling her your not the type of guy that likes to eat Sushi." Zaire said, playing it off nice and smooth.

He was his father's son alright. To be able to make up a lie that good, and that fast. Mhm, he's one of Antwan's kids for sure.

"Yeah baby, he's right. Sushi don't sit right with me. My stomach just won't agree with it for some crazy ass reason." Twan said before kissing my swollen cheek and discreetly rubbing on my ass.

"Now I know." I said. "Hey bae, I have a lunch date with my mom later on today. I was wondering if I could drive the truck there."

"Yeah, that's not a problem." He answered.

And boy was I surprised. He actually said yes. Without any questions. But that's besides the point, I was excited to see my mom. It's been a couple months since I last talked to her the way I wanted to. I was honestly shocked when she agreed to meet up with me.

I loved my mom though, that lady was my world! Everything I ever needed. I couldn't continue on with this crazy ass relationship we had. I wanted my mom back.

"Okay Chanelle. You're about to go see your mom. There's no need to be shy or anything. She's your mother. Just calm down and relax." I said, giving myself a pep talk while looking in the rearview mirror as I sat in the car.

I took a deep breath.

In and out. Inhale and exhale.

I stepped out of the truck then making my way into the cute little food place. I use to love this place when I was a kid, that's probably why momma asked for us to meet here.

The minute I saw her sitting all alone in the corner, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Not because I was scared or afraid, but because I could only imagine how she felt. I hated that I did this to her over that worthless piece of shit, Antwan.

I had so much I had to tell her! 

Starting with me wanting to come back home and live there again, then to follow up with me telling her that I'm pregnant.

I honestly didn't know how she would take her 17 year old daughter being pregnant by a man damn near her age. I prepared myself for the worst, but I was use to even worst things.

"Hey mommy." I smiled while saying softly before taking a seat across from her.

"Hi baby, what's going on?" She said with a light smile on her face.

I was so relieved! It felt good for her to even call me baby in a soft tone like that.

"I missed you so much!" I jumped in head first, telling her.

"Mommy, please! Can you let me come back home? I don't want any of this anymore. I miss my room, my bed. I miss creeping into the bed with you at night!" I cried.

"Chanelle, I'm not feeding into any of that bullshit you're talking about. You wanted to be so grown, you got what you wanted. Now your hot ass don't know what to do. It's not as fun as it looks, huh?" Momma said, giving me a dirty look.

"Ma, please! I'm begging you! I don't wanna live with him anymore. He hits me, he makes me do things I don't want to do. I promise I'll be good, I'll stay on top of my grades. I'll cook and clean. Whatever you want, I'll do it. I swear mommy." I cried out, grabbing her hands and holding then in mines.

"I didn't come here for this shit." She shouted while snatching away from me and gathering up her things.

"Mommy wait! I'm pregnant." I yelled as the tears began to race down my face.

She looked so disappointed. Kind of like she wanted to cry. It hurt so bad to see that in her face, all because of me.

"You're pregnant?" She asked giving me a confused look. "Pregnant?" She asked again before sitting back down.

"Yes mommy." I said softly as I looked down at my hands, that I toyed with nervously.

"See what happen when you lay down with dogs? You get up with flees. He just as worst. Sleeping around and humping on a damn child."

"I'm sorry ma." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Look at me Chanelle..." Momma said, causing me to look up at her.

"Don't you ever in your life let some shit like this happen again. I'm getting his ass put away for a very long time. I need you to make up your mind, not now but right the hell now! I'm not allowing you to bring all this hell into my life and my house. I don't have the time for it. Do you understand me?" Momma said while wiping her tears away too.

"Yes ma'am." I said as a small smile grew on my face. "So does this mean I can come back home mommy?" I asked.