32

"Yo boy did th- this shit to me. He c- caught me lack- lacking last night. Yo boy did th- this shit to me. He c- caught me lack- lacking last night. Yo boy did th- this shit to me. He c- caught me lack- lacking last night."

That's all I heard in my dreams these pass couple of nights. Ronny's voice. It's like he was trying to tell me something. Crazy thing is, I remember him saying something along those lines one day. I just couldn't think of when and where.

I usually couldn't remember a single second of any of my dreams, but these ones were stuck in my mind like glue!

At first I thought it was maybe him trying to be funny and haunt me, but I knew that sounded too crazy, even for Ronny to do.

"Knock Knock!" My sister Chanae said said as she stuck her head in my door giving me a light smirk. "Come in" I smiled before sitting up. "How did you sleep?" She asked before climbing into my bed, laying down besides me.

I really debated on telling her my dream last night, but maybe she could tell me something I didn't know.

"It was good, but I've been having these weird dreams the past couple of nights." I rolled my eyes.

"Dreams like what?" Chanae asked.

"About Qaron! All I see is him in a suit but he's laying in a hospital bed. It's just so confusing. He didn't look hurt or anything, he looked moreso happy and relieved. But the only thing he says to me in the whole dream is 'Your boy did this to me, he caught me lacking'. And I remember he telling that before, I just don't recall when and where! Which is really annoyin!"

"It sounds like maybe he's trying to tell you something important. You're not just having these dreams for no reason, so just try to piece everything together and see what you. Don't let it annoy you Tot, that boy wants you to know something. Listen!" Nae said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right... " I smiled.

"Yeah, I know I'm right. But get ready cause we going out for breakfast then we hitting the mall. And if they not like how you said they are, we going to have a problem!" She smiled while climbing out of my bed and winked at me before leaving out.

I got out of my bed, getting me out a cute little outfit. Something that hugged my stomach, just not too much. My little belly was starting to poke out more than usual and I was kind of loving it! I knew I was about 3 or 4 months, sometimes I thought I could feel the baby moving around.

This unborn thing was really growing on me, and that's what I was mostly afraid of. I didn't think I would get attached to something I didn't even want. But I guess when you can feel your body changing during your pregnancy, you have no choice! I couldn't wait to hold my baby, and I was so ready to find out what it was!

While in the shower, all that was on my mind was that damn dream! I tried remembering where I heard him saying it at but my brain just wouldn't let me. And I thought cold showers were supposed to stimulate your mind.

I turned the water off, reaching out for my towel as I wrapped it around my body. And that's when I started to remember!

The day Ronny said that to me was at the hospital, right before he died! He was telling me that Daddy was the one who killed him. How could I be so stupid? Trayceon tried telling me this tons of times, and not once did I pick up on it. I didn't even bother listening!

I ran into my room, shutting my door and calling Trayceon."Hurry up and come to my house. Bring Mani!" I hurried up and said after he picked up then ending the call.

It felt like hours for them to get here! Obviously they couldn't hear the tone of seriousness in my voice.

"Open your door!" Trayceon said while knocking on my bedroom door. As I went over and opened it, they both looked so confused and scared.

"He did it!" I cried out before pulling both of them into my arms. "He killed Qaron. It was him you guys! I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry Trayceon."

"I told you Nelle, I told you! He killed my brother. I told you man! He took my only brother away from me. My momma." Tray cried out as he held me and Mani tight in his arms.

"We're going to get him put away for a long time Tray! I promise. I'm so sorry for not believing you guys, I'm sorry! I should've listen." I cried, snugging up to my two best friends.

Just a short little chapter so you guys don't forget or lose interest in the book! I'll be posting another chapter later on today, so tune in guys. 🥰🥰❤️