Nine

"It really was nothing, Hudson" I said looking into his eyes, seeing only red.

"Someone needs to protect you" he said his grip on my hips was the tightest it's ever been making me whence a little.

Desi seemed to notice my uncomfort.
"She actually did great handling him"

I flashed her a thankful smile.
"Yeah and Niall fucking Horan came to her rescue! Did you know they were friends!" Here we go again. Can't Connor keep his mouth shut.

"Niall huh, yeah I know him" Hudson said chewing on his bottom lip. His eyes never leaving me. "Guess I'll have to call and thank him"

"Great guy! Said I needed security though. Might be a good option after tonight"

" I'll do it, I just got released from my team" I didn't know that. He must have had a terrible night. Witch explained his mood.

"Oh I'm sorry babe" I tried to comfort him by rubbing his back.

Hudson eyes remained emotionless. I couldn't read him. His mood was just dark and untouchable.

"That would be great! Your loss my gain brother" Connor said patting his back. Hudson released a forced laugh.

I looked over to Desi. I knew she could sense my feelings. Tears where forming in my eyes as I was scared. Work was my one and only safe haven. We're I had my friends and away from Hudson. Now I have nothing.

"Alright well I guess I'll see y'all tomorrow" Connor said climbing into his car "night"

I said my good byes squeezing Desi extra tight and climbed into the car with Hudson driving. He started the car to drive us home saying nothing.

"I'm really sorry you lost your gig"

" I didn't lose it just got benched for the season" He spat back

"That's great you can maybe go back next season?"

"STOP THE SMALL TALK YOU DON'T CARE"
I flinched. Tears still brimming my eyes.

"I do" the words left my mouth in a whimper "I care about you. You know that"

"YOU NEED TO QUIT BEING A FUCKING SLUT AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MEN ALL OVER YOU!"

The tears stared to flow blocking my vision.

"I'm going to be around you 24/7 if that what it takes for you to be loyal!" He yelled. He pulled into our driveway, whipping the steering wheel. As I reached for the door handle he locked the car.

"Do you fucking hear me" he spat in my face as he grabbed my shirt and pulled me close to him.

"Yes" I barley spoke

"Louder" he screamed twisting the fabric tighter between his fist.

"Yes" I said starring straight into his eyes. I could see the evil, pain. He was hurting.

He let go of me throwing me against the car door. He got out and slammed the car door with force leaving me whaling in the passenger seat.

I woke up realizing I was still in the car from the night before. My head was pounding as the bright sun shined through the windshield. I rubbed my bruised eyes. According to my phone it was 11 am. With every move I groaned at the pain and pulled myself up making my way inside.

"Morning babe, come sit with me" Hudson said from the couch as I walked through the door.

"Morning" I hesitated as I sat down next to him

"Connor texted me my schedule for the week"

" that's great" I said rubbing my pounding head

"You alright?" He said seeming concerned. He looked at me with different eyes from last night. Still painful but this time they were softer.

"My head is killing me" I whispered. Terrified of his reaction. But I knew he was different.

"Oh babe come here" he wrapped an arm around me pulling me into his side. I flinched but he just cuddled me.

"I'm sorry, I wouldn't have to hurt you if you would just stay away from other men" he said breaking the silence.

"Now I will be there for you to protect you" his hand trailed down my side touching my bruised hip. I flinched and he pulled me in tighter.

"I'm sorry , you're right it is all my fault"

"Babe, just try better ok?" He kissed the top of my head softly

"Yeah, I will"